Sign in to follow this  

250 sx

I know this is 4srtoke forum but since you are KTM riders I thought there may be a few of you who have ridden their 2 smokes. I"m looking to get into 250 2 stroke. 02,03 model yr.I"m 46 yrs young and your average "c" rider. Looking for something to chase my son around the track with and my wr250f just does'nt have the the motor for my 230lb body. I"m not color loyal. They all have + and -'s. I am assuming that most KTM guys are a little more mature in age and have not beat their bikes to pieces and KTM bikes are usually deliverd well equiped.Any truth to the rumor of overly priced and hard to get parts ?. Just looking for thoughts or opinions. Thanks

I have the 03SX and love it. I rode the '02 and felt it just didn't have the power in the right spots for a 2 stroke. the '03 is great at hauling my 230 pound carcass around the trails. It has lot's more hit than the 02 model and the suspension is good for a big guy. All the MX mag's rated the suspension poorly ("missle with no guidance system") but throw a spring on it rated for your weight, couple clicks up on the shock rebound and you will love it. I never was much for finesse riding anyway!

Long live the 2 Stroke