Sign in to follow this  

This makes me very sad - R.I.P. German ISDE Team Withdraws From Event

Wow, that sucks. Do people die every year in that event?

I've never heard of another death, but it's a very long running event, I'm sure there have probably been others. I just can't get over how many death's there have been in our sport this year. Not good. :thumbsup:

No, they certainly don't die every year. And two riders died this year, as well as one accident killing two occupants of a car as well. Very sad news....

That sucks :thumbsup: A rider died last year in Brazil, but his cause of death was a heart attack while riding, not accident related like this tragedy.

The car accident reminds me of the great loss of Destry Abbott at the Baja 500 a few years back. A police car somehow wandered onto the track and he hit him doing about 90mph. R.I.P.

The car accident reminds me of the great loss of Destry Abbott at the Baja 500 a few years back. A police car somehow wandered onto the track and he hit him doing about 90mph. R.I.P.

JohnnyOwrong:

Gee...he's got a damn nice web site for a dead guy...

http://www.destryabbott.com/main.html

Must be a real bummer when that KX500 with a headless rider blows by you in the desert!

OOPPPSSSS,,, Holy Dumb A$$ Batman,,,,,, :awww:

Uh,, what was his name then,,,,, :thumbsup:

:devil:,,,,,Uh,,,,,,,, I guess I meant to say Danny Hammel? Yeah, I think that was the dude that got it.

Sorry 'bout that Destry

JohnnyOwrong, Oh now you've gone and hurt my feelings! :lol::D:lol:

JohnnyOwrong, Oh now you've gone and hurt my feelings! :thumbsup::devil::lol:

:awww:

Danny Hammel died at the Baja 500 back in something like '94, or '95....anyways about 10 years ago...man time flies.