Sign in to follow this  

2002 TE570 and Clutch needs

Guys, My clutch is getting grabby or it was back in June. So I ordered one and the part numbers in the Husqvarna 2002 parts catalog # 8A088966 and the clutch that matches that number is too small (wrong parts). It is 10mm too small ID. The measurements are as follows for the TE570 140mm OD to smooth edge, 120 ID to smooth edge, and 150mm OD to the friction plate notches. The wrong clutch that is listed measures the same with the exception of the ID being 110mm and not 120mm. Ron Bishop said that the 110mm clutch is for the 610. I will not fit the basket/hub of the 570, so I'm out of luck.

I've contacted EBC, they couldn't help. I contacted Barnett and they don't make any, but said they could try and match something up.

Rigth now Dan Blum of Motoxotica is checking his parts stock and checking measurements, but it looks bleak.

Has anyone had this problem and if so, please fill me in.

Ron Bishop(dealer in Escondido CA) said that Husqvarna USA was working on it, but they do not have any kits and I had one on order for 3.5 months. Just canceled that order the other day too. May have been a mistake.

If you can help, please provide some info.

Contacted Fast by Ferracci too, but no reply yet.

Thanks

Ed

What kind of grabbiness?

Mine goes in and out of adjust ment all the time,it is a chronic problem, adjusting the lever properly helps, but it sounds as though you could have a more serious dilemma.

Please measure inner and outer basic diameters (not including the tabs), then give me tab widths, tab outer diameter and number of tabs and I'll let you know what, if anything, will cross to it. Email it to me, al@rekluse.com

Don't know much about the TE570 but I've done some research in the past since I was going to buy one a couple of years ago. I think it was mentioned here or on another board that the plates off of a CR500 honda would fit the TE570. I might be wrong but it might be worth checking out.

Guy, Thanks for the input. Al I'll send you an email.

The clutch actually seems fine with the exception that it will not shift into neutral without a fit when hot. A local Husky dealer said that I most likely warped the steel plates and that I needed to replace it all. The friction plates are colse to or within spec (can't remember spec right now, can re-check Friday night). So I don't know if the clutch is actually bad. Like I sad the bike pulls fine and gets the power to the ground, it just feels as if it pulls (wants to move) with the clutch in, but still has problems going into neutral when hot. Even when I play with the level adjustment. So based on the dealer I assumed I needed a clutch. I found the correct part numbers with the help of another Husky rider in Wisconsin, seems we read the wrong page from the part catalog. The clutch I got was for the TC570 and not TE570.

Anyway, I did find one shop with the friction plates and one with the steel plates. So I can get a clutch if needed. But Honda clutches are very cost effective. I just got a clutch for my son's CR125 for under $50.00 from RockyMTN. I'll have to checkout the local Honda shop.

Thanks guys and if you have any additional info that would good. Maybe it's getting the adjustments right and no need for a clutch. The bike was new in Feb2003 and I've only had 5 Enduros and 4 desert races on it.

Thanks

ed

Clutch problem is solved.

Turns out the clutch is fine, everything checks with the specs. The baskets has some small grooves in the tab guides and filing them down will fix it.

Thanks to all who helped and hope this info will help you out someday if needed.

Thanks

Ed