Sign in to follow this  

been a spectator long enough!

What I plan to do:

Full Muzzy exhaust system.

Dyno Jet Kit #3109.

142.5 stock main jet, 25 pilot jet, 2.5 - 3.5 turns on the air mixture screw, needle on the 4th clip position.

Remove Snorkel.

3x3 air box mod.

Uni air filter.

What I'm expecting: wheelies in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. The corners of my mouth touching in the back of my head.

Do I have it right?

That all sounds good but why is your name XR chuck? I bet you have a whole heap of bikes. Hope so! And I bet you ride the DRZ more!! This place is great!

That all sounds good but why is your name XR chuck? I bet you have a whole heap of bikes. Hope so! And I bet you ride the DRZ more!! This place is great!

Hi Besty,

I sold my XR250R and bought the DRZ. I love this bike! I guess I'll have to send a message to the admins to change my name to DRZChuck now. :thumbsup:

Not to burst your bubble or anything but I don't know about the 142.5 mj. I have a FMF Q with a powerbomb and I'm using a 150 and it is a tad lean. The muzzy will probably flow better so I would start with a 152.5. IMHO. :thumbsup:

Not to burst your bubble or anything but I don't know about the 142.5 mj. I have a FMF Q with a powerbomb and I'm using a 150 and it is a tad lean. The muzzy will probably flow better so I would start with a 152.5. IMHO. :thumbsup:

Your running a 150 main and the DJ needle? What clip position?

4th. It backfires occasionally so I think it's a little lean. Not just the normal popping but an actual bang. It also has a stutter at low rpm's and it kinda misses at medium rpm part throttle. But still trying to get it all fingerd(not a typo) out. :thumbsup:

why would a lean main jet have anything to do with what the bike does when the throttle is closed?

it stutters and misses in the mid and low becuase the main jet is too big.

150 is to rich with the dj needle!!

unless your 2000 ft below sea level. :thumbsup:

I got my #'s from your post Burned. Let me know if I misunderstood something. I read it as 142.5 main with 25 pilot if you're going with the dynojet, an aftermarket pipe (Muzzy), airbox mod, and airfilter. Thanks

UpCh...er...DRZChuck. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the drz forum my brother used to have a xr 250/ great bike just not the power of the drz. you will love this bike!!! :thumbsup: oh and keep the name its fine xr's are nothing to be ashamed of.

thanks guys. now all I need is the big brown truck to come to my house.

Christmas in September. :thumbsup: