Sign in to follow this  

Extended fuel screw question for 400S

I have a DJ kit for my 04 "S" and want to install this weekend. Do I need an extended screw or is this for the E model carbs? Who has one I can get in a couple days? raleigh NC area.

tks

There is a different screw for each carb,, And you only need it if you want to be able to adjust the fuel screw while the carb is installed.. The other half of the story is..............ya need to be able to adjust the fuel screw while the carb is installed :devil: So yes you need one :thumbsup:

For the Mikuni BSR36, you can make a extended screw if your capable.. or buy one from http://www.kientech.com/

Did you see that aluminum airbox at kientech? :thumbsup: Think they sold even one?

hell yeah he's sold one. i have one on my S and it stomps. i dyno'ed my bike with a full race yoshi, rejet and the vortex with k&n and it pulled 4-5 hp more than another piped, jetted S, and airbox modded bike the folks at that shop tuned.

when i went to pick up the bike the owner and dyno runner said in her great german accent "vhat did you doo to dis bike?" :devil:

btw, jesse's extended fuel screw is worth every penny.