Sign in to follow this  

crf250x - clarke tanks

Does anyone have a clarke 3.0 tank on their 250x? I recently bought one and the mount in front of the gas cap is like 1" short of reaching the frames' mount. Was there supposed to be a bracket that comes with the tank? There are no holes in the bottom of the tank to mount the stock bracket to either.

Thanks

yes there's a mounting bracket that is L shape that goes on the top mount, look inside the tank it should be in a plastic bag also make sure you blow the tank out with air there's plastic shaving in the tank :thumbsup:

Dave

Ok,

I got the bracket in the mail today, now the shrouds wont mount up to the frame :cry: The shrouds are now about a half inch above the mounting holes in the frame. Any suggestions?

take the two upper shroud bolts out and install the lower ones first then tops should fit, make sure the tank fits flush on top of the frame and the rubber flang thing at the bottom rear of the tank is not stuck under the tank it should be on top and tied into the screw at the bottom of the tank

No Luck. I called Clarke Manufacturers and they told me the same thing. I am going to try once more and if it doesnt fit, the tank is going back. So much for a larger tank.

Get ready to pay a hefty re-stocking fee. I had a similar experience with Clarke a few years ago -- before buying a tank I asked them some very specific fitment questions and they assured me all was well. When in fact their tank did not fit and I returned it they socked me with a 20% re-stocking fee. I've been an IMS customer ever since.

I bought it through RockyMountain, im not sure how they are on sending things back. I didnt go with the 4 gal. IMS one because its too big, but might end up with it after-all.

I also first bought the Clarke, thinking the IMS 4 gal might be too big. But, the Clarke tank at 3 gal is not much bigger than stock, so I ended up changing my mind and sent the Clarke tank back. Had to suck it up on the restocking fee mentioned previously. Just received my new IMS tank today, and looks fine. I don't think the size will a problem after all.

I have the IMS 2.8 on my CRF250R with no fit problems what so ever. Not sure if it will fit the X. I get about 60 miles out of a tank.