Sign in to follow this  

*New Owner* Please help w/ essential mods

what's happenin fellaz. i just rode home my brand new S model and I'm itchin to get this thing screamin. i ordered my motard wheels today 17" Excel blk/blk w/ carriers for stock grabbers and rotors and a set of metz m-1's. also ordered full fmf titanium w/ factory jet kit and k&n filter.

what are your feelings and/or experiences w/ said merchandise, and is there anything else I should consider? also what is the next step I should take as far as power gains? as you can see below I'm confortable riding a variety of machines. I plan on having the fork re-valved and stiffened up a bit for obvious reasons. What is the easiest fork to buy and convert (if neccessary) to fit on my S model?

hook it up fellaz. all the rest of the toys are paid for and I've still got 4K to sink into this one. let it ride. all suggetions, recommendations, criticism, blah, blah, blah accepted w/ gratitude

return that factory jet kit as soon as you get it and get a dynojet kit.or better yet,skip the stock carb and get a fcr carb.a 436 kit and a set of cams will make you smile big as well.

the drz forks are some of the best forks ever produced and will work fine when properly set up.other wise do a search here on rm forks.

swap factory for the dyno jet. got it

what jetting would you recommend for sea level (Chicago) w/ that exhaust.

thnks.

btw, i ride a lot of LONG wheelies on everything I own. are there any precautions I need to take w/ this paticular machine. i.e. oil levels, carb mods. i noticed today when I scraped the mud flap on the ground that the bike bogged a little bit, possibly the float sticking due to angle of carb @ 11 o'clock wheelie or what? this is the first issue I need to address.

Man I wish I had 4 grand to sink in my DRZ. :thumbsup: Thats awsome. Noticed you mentioned about doing your forks. You may want to check into doing the shock too. Also if you can I would love to see some pics or videos of you wheelies. :devil::lol::awww:

i agree with burned, if you want -wheelie- power get the FCR carb for sure. even with my 440, full Ti race yoshi, yoshi cams, vortex airbox and E compression a jetted cv carb is only good for 2nd gear (no clutch, not trying very hard) wheelies, where the fcr will pull 3rd gear wheelies in that setup without even thinking about.

also i have the K&N in my vortex airbox and i love it, but haven't tried it in the stock box.

4K pretty much buys everything you could for it...That includes a full Yosh Engine Kit if he wanted to go that way...

Man I wish I had 4 grand to sink in my DRZ. :lol: Thats awsome. Noticed you mentioned about doing your forks. You may want to check into doing the shock too. Also if you can I would love to see some pics or videos of you wheelies. :awww::devil::thumbsup:

what kind of riding? Essentials mods? i was thinking of the primary first mods with dump the trailwings, get the CFC case guards and some handguards.........etc, but wo you're all ready talkin about going beyond the essential mods and for $4000,00 you can get into the existential mods.

95% of my riding will be street/motard. sounds to me like I should just ante up and go with the big bore asap. which kit comes complete w/ cylinder, piston, new cams, E base gasket, and the fcr carb. and who's giving me a discount for being a racer/vendor/enthusiast?

i'm heading out for a full day of riding. first stop, doctor to look at my broken ankle

Sounds as if (Burned) knows how to squeeze every drop of power out of a drz! You may just want to listen to what he recommends. My s mod is pretty much a dog and I've done some of the carb mods he suggested and it helped big time. But I think that getting rid of the CV carb would be my next choice for power gains. That 3rd gear thing sounds like what I'm shooting for! :thumbsup: