JYD is a scamming seller..PLEASE READ

I bought a motor from ebay Ebay Link and I drove 12 hours (there and back) to pick the motor after getting off the phone and asking the condition of the motor, his response, "I just test rode up the street and everything worked fine."

Well after spending over $100 in gas, I asked him again, "I am buying this motor because my brother's fifth gear is bad, all the gears are good right?" his response "Yeah, I rode up and down the street and it ran fine." When then my brother gave him $850 for a motor that was described "in very good used condition" in ebay, we drive home. Mounted it, rode What do you know Fifth gear is surging.

Then I called him and told he should ateast split the $400 repair bill, he said aww man that sucks, I will talk to the guy I bought it from and see what I can do.

I have called him and emailed him several times and never a returned call or email. Then I saw a post on Thumper Talk and thought boy that motor looks familiar. So I searched for all his post. Low and behold, I find all this....

my bike does the EXACT same thing. nothing in my oil either, runs perfect in every other gear...kinda feels like the chain is skipping teeth on the sprocket. im using my bike on pavement, and its pretty violent bucking.

still available, and i still dont know whats wrong with 5th gear...if anything. i drained the oil, and there isnt a single spec of anything metallic in the oil, or on the magnet.

anyone ever encounter this. when i shift into 5th at pretty much any speed, the bike feels almost like the chain is skipping teeth on the sprocket. the motor isnt misfiring, or sputtering, and it runs flawless all the way to the limiter in every other gear, the second i go to 5th, it freaks out. Could there be a problem with the transmission?

please help

thanks!

His name is Jessie Davis, his Thumpertalk ID is JYD..

What can I do about this guy?

go to his house and give him a wedgie!

so he's a douchebag and you got ripped off. it happens. your best bet is to suck it up and be more careful next time you buy from a total stranger with cash. this is exactly why that sort of transaction is considered dangerous.

the world is full of assh0les and it sounds like you just met a big one! ?

I bought a motor from ebay Ebay Link and I drove 12 hours (there and back) to pick the motor after getting off the phone and asking the condition of the motor, his response, "I just test rode up the street and everything worked fine."

{snip}

have you complained to eBay about him? couldn't hurt...

If he knew about a problem and purposefully hid the problem, isn't that fraud? Call his local sheriff/police and file a complaint. There's always small claims court for the repair costs. Keep info about his postings!!

I would PM the TT folks to see if they can prevent him from deleting those posts, they would be very helpful in a small claims case.

Yes, take legal action. Get your local Cyber crimes unit to subpeona ebay and for IP connection logs and then send a subpeona to his ISP to prove that it was him that was connecting to ebay and then get the connection logs from TT and subpeona his ISP again showing that it was the same person both on Ebay and posting on TT. It should be pretty conclusive, for small claims court.