Sign in to follow this  

Talon Hubs

Hey I want to buy these Talon hubs/Excel Rims/Bulldog spokes from my friend who has a 1997 CR250. I have a 2004 CRF450. Will they work? I think my axles are too big, but cant you put my bearing in it so then it should fit? I need some help on this, your help would be greatly appreciated!

Why dont you just take off the wheels and see if they fit? It only takes like 15 minute to do both and get them back on.

Dang, I really wanted them too. There arent any spacers of some sort? errr there is NO possible way this can work? at all?!

Spacers are one thing, but the bearings would have to fit the axle too(plus the fork axle holes and swingarm holes for the axle). Not counting the brake system.

I know what your saying too.....I have a front/rear rm125 2001 Talon(Chrome)and Buchanan Over-Sized Spokes with Gold Excel rims just sitting in my garage.....NEW, NEVER USED. I do have a rm125 2001(my son's), but he does not what to put them on.....he said,"Dad I don't what to get those things dirty and I might taco one too." Good Kid I have. :thumbsup:

So I've tried to make them work on one of the crf's, but it's a NO GO......have tried everything too. :devil:

I have fitted a pair of wheel for a CRF that I have got from an older bike, but there is some work to be done.

normally you have to get bearings that fit the new wheel and also fit the axle, if you can get that then it is a matter of measuring and producing new spacers.

Ofcourse you have to be sure that the brakedisc and the gearing will fit the bike.