Sign in to follow this  

oem filter

I really like the quality of the oem filter the rubber seal and all that. When it comes time to get a new filter i may just get another oem one. is that a good idea!

I just bought a Raceready filter, and it is nice but not as heavy duty as the oem (no after-market filters are). Found 2 oem filters and a cage on ebay for $16 and won it. Curious if the oem flow as well as aftermarket. Riding with oem tomorrow and will change to Raceready and will see if any seat of pants dyno difference.

Mark

I use the Twin Air powerflo kit and it is awesome as far as maintenance goes. Much easier to take care of and more room in the airbox to work. I don't like the OEM filter. Even brand-new, if you turn it inside out you will see the glue seams falling apart. Dirt gets trapped between the inner and outer layers and in the coarse outer layer. The rubber seal is a PITA to get on/off the cage. :thumbsup:

I was checking out the UNI filter and it also has the rubber lip on it and looks to be very high quality. I think I will try one next time I need a filter.