Sign in to follow this  

Taylor Park

Looks like I'm going to ride Taylor Park this Friday. Call it one last chance for the season. I think I'll try to keep it easier and stay off Timberline this time. If anyone is interested, I'm meeting another guy at the store friday morning. I'm shooting for about 9:30 to 10:00. As far as I can tell Rifle season is still a couple of weeks off. I think it is Archery season. Oh yea, where is this guy called D_F. :thumbsup:

Please post your experience when you get back! I'm coming out there in 2 weeks (Oct 2-3) and have never been there. I'm looking for somewhere easy/scenic to ride since I'll be with a beginning rider.

Sorry to hear you're gonna be stuck with a beginning rider for your first time at Taylor Park. Hope it doesn't cause you to aquire a negative opinion of the place. Taylor trails are pretty much intermediate to advanced only. There are some easy forest service roads around the area but alot of the jeep roads may be too much for a beginner. It would be nice if you could see the place with an experienced guide first, then decide if you want to take a beginner there. Here's some pics of my trip a few weeks ago:

http://community.webshots.com/album/180798938Bpbxju/0

Here's some of the 2001 Spodefest there with Ramz as guide:

http://community.webshots.com/album/21190107ITjEWrCBce

I'm coming out there in 2 weeks (Oct 2-3) and have never been there. I'm looking for somewhere easy/scenic to ride since I'll be with a beginning rider.

Hey Varget22,

Mr. not so smart D_F just checked his PM's, what like 2 weeks late, sorry I'm lame. Can't make it Friday just got back in town from work. What about catching up somewhere semi-local when you get back and see if I can hang. Afternoons would be best. Have a great taylor trip.

Hey D_F, if I'm still in one piece maybe Saturday. Late morning at best, maybe afternoon. Like the Dobies or up on the Plateau. Or any Friday and most Saturdays. :thumbsup:

Wow. Yesterday was awsome. If any of you get the chance to ride with Rick Ramsey, don't pass it up. He knows all the trails in that area. We rode some single track, jeep trails, and easy dirt roads. A little of everything. I think about 45 miles. We stoped at some old mine sites and found cool rocks and took lots of pictures. I could not have asked for any better. Also at the end of the ride Terry got a flat, but we got it fixed and he rode it back to his cabin. He said that was the first time he has ever had a flat. I got home last night at about 11:30 and don't remember a thing my wife said to me. I hope I'm not in trouble. Anyhow, rifle season starts in a couple of weeks so be carefull out there and have fun. :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: