Sign in to follow this  

Opinions on Canadian Bikes?

Just want to know your opinions on the Hondas you can get out of canada, i know they are a heck of alot cheeper, and i called a dealler today and they said "yep we can ship A 05 crf 450 out today and it will get to your door by mid next week" so im like way temted to go ahead and buy it $5900 + 180 shipping to my door, no sales tax, i think that is a heck of a deal.

same $hit, pile is further away. No differences i can tell, you just cant put american beer near them or they will never run right again :thumbsup:. No extra restrictors or any of that crap, we actually get less epa junk. (not that its on the crf anyways).

well there in america but they sell candian bikes

but if i told ya, then every body would run and call em. and then they would be all sold out, and i wouldnt get one! :thumbsup:

Virtuall no difference between Canadian, Euro Spec. and US Spec. Hondas--sometimes a difference in tires; Pirelli vs. Dunlop that sort of thing. I currently own a Canadian Honda and compared with my riding partners US model, the only difference was the tires--and a $1,200 price differnce in my favor. Some things you should check into before purchasing are the registration requirements for a foreign vehicle and "user tax." Some states (California) prohibits the registration of Canadian motorcycles, unless previously registered in another state, and some states charge a user tax when you register an out of state vehicle. The user tax is generally the same % as the state sales tax (funny how that works); however, if you can show that you paid tax at the point of sale you can generally avoid paying the user tax. In short, check into what it will take to get the bike titled in your state and see if it adds up to a significant savings or a PITA. Good luck!

The 450's are not at my dealer yet. Are you talking to a dealer in Ontario?

My bother has one on order from him. Supposedly due to ship any day here.... not like we haven't been hearing that for WEEKS!!

i think that he is in Germany this week and will not be back till next week. i also tryed emailing and have had no reply.

i think that he is in Germany this week and will not be back till next week. i also tryed emailing and have had no reply.

I called with a question and was told he'd be back on Friday (tomorrow).

The exchange rate is the big reason....

And another reason for my savings is because the demand in SoCal lets the dealers get up to $8K for them!!!!!!

You can get very close to the same deal in OK, I believe? Bartesville Motor????? The name escapes me at the moment.

That sounds like a great deal. I was thinking of doing the same thing but I was wondering if you have to pay a state tax when you bring it back to the states. Also I was wondering what dealer did you get that price from. Motocycle Brokers is listing the bike at $5,999 plus $200.00 for shipping. Thanks for your time in advance.

Present Owner of KTM450SX.

No its not motorcycle brokers, But like I said, Hes checking on getting me a deal on shipping cause im buying 2 bikes, He should know all the detaill tomarrow, and ship my o5 out on monday. and after im sure I got mine commin, ill let ya know who it is :thumbsup:

That is great that your bike is coming on Monday. I am not trying to steal your bike (LOL). I really wanted to know what is the issue regarding paying the state taxes when the bike comes. I mean if you have to pay state tax then it will cost you an additional $354 at 6%. I was just wondering if you were paying that when you register it with your state.

StockCheck,

I think each state is different. In CA, if the bike is said to be out of state 90 days after purchase you can bring it in without tax.... I think.

I don't know for sure. I have a Canadian 02 that I still haven't registered. I haven't had a problem yet. I ride mainly tracks and also Ocotillo Wells.

I believe my brother is paying extra for an out of state reg from m-broker so that it can be transferred into CA.

I've got a 02 from canada and cant get it registered in california. Its been a big pain in the ass.