Sign in to follow this  

has ne 1 used a stabalizer??

I have a 03 250f and I was wondering if any u guys and gals have put 1 on your bike and felt a night and day difference. Is it worth the money. Are they all the same and should i invest in 1? :thumbsup:

personally i dont have one on my bike but i have ridden a wr450 with one on it and what a difference it makes. when you enter a sandy wash, it keeps the wheel straight as an arrow. you know what happens when you dont have one your front end will wash out. i believe that all of the brands are pretty much the same it just depends on how much $ you want to spend. i think the scotts goes for around $570 for the stabilizer, top clamp, and bar mounts. i dont know what the prices are for other brands. eventually i will get one once i save up enough $. :thumbsup:

After years of wanting one I finally decided to buy one. Then came the real work. Of coarse everyone says buy the Scotts and it is a fine product but after alott of research I went with the RTT. The RTT is sweet and I would highly recommend it. The Scotts is great but do you want a 2000 XR250 or a 2005 WR250? Check it out.

The Scotts is great but do you want a 2000 XR250 or a 2005 WR250?

pretty gutsy statement from someone who has admittedly never ridden with a scotts stabilizer.

i guess your opinion would have a bit more credibility if you told us why you think the RTT is superior instead of just dissing the scotts vis-a-vis an inane comparison.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

As I understand it the Scotts is the only one with a high speed circut. Which controls a sudden hit without putting addional resistance when turning normly. I have haed a Scotts for at least ten years, I use the bike for East Coast enduros and it works very well, and in my opinionis the best out ther, and it is made by Olins.

I never said, “I haven't ridden with a Scotts.” I have used a Scotts and as I said before it's a fine product. My point was that the Scotts technology is older then the RTT, hence my analogy to the two bikes. The RTT offers an integrated dampener design within the triple clamp so it doesn’t protrude and a true on the fly thumb activated switch. The customer service has been outstanding and the quality great. I am not disrespecting the Scotts…I get beat by guys on XR400’s all the time.

I would say that if you want an adjustable damper that you should get a scotts for tight trails riding or a gpr damper for desert. If the rtt was superior more pros would run it.

I never said, “I haven't ridden with a Scotts.” I have used a Scotts and as I said before it's a fine product. My point was that the Scotts technology is older then the RTT, hence my analogy to the two bikes. The RTT offers an integrated dampener design within the triple clamp so it doesn’t protrude and a true on the fly thumb activated switch. The customer service has been outstanding and the quality great. I am not disrespecting the Scotts…I get beat by guys on XR400’s all the time.

how many pros bikes do you see with a rtt on them, run what the pros run because they use stuff that works tried and true

how many pros bikes do you see with a rtt on them, run what the pros run because they use stuff that works tried and true