Sign in to follow this  

best air filter to buy for the old 450 ???

White Brothers is the way to go if you ask me. It just fits so snug seals tight. I am in love with this filter. I am sure that both of those choices are good and someone else will recommend something else, but White Brothers is what I ride and it never did me wrong.

I haven't tried either of those filters in my CRF yet. But I do like the AMSOIL air filter quite a bit, it fits well and is suppose to breath well too...here is a link to it AMSOIL Air Filter They also just started producing air filter oil in an aerosol can, they use to only have it in a bottle. The stuff seems to work very well.

My next favorite it the stock filter, then UNI, then No Toil.

I really don't notice any power difference using a different air filter, unless one is so dirty that it is choking the bike :thumbsup:

Good luck on your qwest.

I like the stock one best also. Remember that the only way an air filter can flow more air is to filter less of the air. In other words, to let more stuff past the filter and into the motor... IMO

I doubt an air filter is going to make any noticeable difference.

If you are looking for snap you might want to check out the JD jetting kit.

I don't have one myself, but I have heard it really wakes up the throttle response.

I use Twin-Air. I find the White Bros to be just as good. I don't like the way Uni are 2 piece.

I think the stock filter is the worst contraption ever made.

It's a big beast, no doubt about that, but I think it's hard to beat as far as it's ability to filter out the crud due to it's thickness...

Hey Todd92, could you send me the contact number for Ironman sprockets? Thanks...

Ok, I'll put a vote in for the Twin Air but I use the replacement for the Powerflow kit. It's the one with the fire resistant coating for more piece of mind when removing the backfire screen.

I use Twin-Air. I find the White Bros to be just as good. I don't like the way Uni are 2 piece.

I agree about the stock filter but I wouldn't use anything else with the stock sealing ring and cage. When I tried to use aftermarket filters on the stock sealing ring (NoToil and TwinAir) it sliced them to ribbons. Not everyone seems to have this problem but I know I wasn't the only one seeing it (some people were blaming their washing machines).

I Have both white brothers and twin air and really can't tell a difference power wise. Honestly I thik I prefer the stock filter over all of them because it just seems to fit the cage the best, goes into the air box the easiest with the least amount of mess and I just spread some lithium grease around the seal for added peace of mind. <font color="white">

I just did a search for threads on filter skins and was wondering if I could use one brand of filter skin for all 3 of my filters or would I need a brand specific skin for each one. Fred do you have any experience in this department or do you just run the one type of filter?

Vinny

I just did a search for threads on filter skins and was wondering if I could use one brand of filter skin for all 3 of my filters or would I need a brand specific skin for each one. Fred do you have any experience in this department or do you just run the one type of filter?

Vinny

I just run the Twin Air but the filterskin will fit all of them. Filterskins are the best thing. I just throw them away when they get dirty and buy another pack.