best air filter to buy for the old 450 ???

I haven't tried either of those filters in my CRF yet. But I do like the AMSOIL air filter quite a bit, it fits well and is suppose to breath well too...here is a link to it AMSOIL Air Filter They also just started producing air filter oil in an aerosol can, they use to only have it in a bottle. The stuff seems to work very well.

My next favorite it the stock filter, then UNI, then No Toil.

I really don't notice any power difference using a different air filter, unless one is so dirty that it is choking the bike ?

Good luck on your qwest.

I think the stock filter is the worst contraption ever made.

It's a big beast, no doubt about that, but I think it's hard to beat as far as it's ability to filter out the crud due to it's thickness...

Hey Todd92, could you send me the contact number for Ironman sprockets? Thanks...

I use Twin-Air. I find the White Bros to be just as good. I don't like the way Uni are 2 piece.

I think the stock filter is the worst contraption ever made.

I agree about the stock filter but I wouldn't use anything else with the stock sealing ring and cage. When I tried to use aftermarket filters on the stock sealing ring (NoToil and TwinAir) it sliced them to ribbons. Not everyone seems to have this problem but I know I wasn't the only one seeing it (some people were blaming their washing machines).

I Have both white brothers and twin air and really can't tell a difference power wise. Honestly I thik I prefer the stock filter over all of them because it just seems to fit the cage the best, goes into the air box the easiest with the least amount of mess and I just spread some lithium grease around the seal for added peace of mind. <font color="white">

I just did a search for threads on filter skins and was wondering if I could use one brand of filter skin for all 3 of my filters or would I need a brand specific skin for each one. Fred do you have any experience in this department or do you just run the one type of filter?

Vinny

I just did a search for threads on filter skins and was wondering if I could use one brand of filter skin for all 3 of my filters or would I need a brand specific skin for each one. Fred do you have any experience in this department or do you just run the one type of filter?

Vinny

I just run the Twin Air but the filterskin will fit all of them. Filterskins are the best thing. I just throw them away when they get dirty and buy another pack.