Sign in to follow this  

Any Suggestions for Lowering My 2002 KTM 250 EXC???

I recently purchased my first KTM and it's too tall for me where the tips of my boots barely touch the ground. My intention is to lower it as much as possible yet not upset the handling. I do mostly trail riding and occassionally hit the motorcross track where doubles and triples are commonplace.

How much can I lower the bike without upsetting the handling and preventing bottoming out?

Should I shorten the spring and re-valve the shock?

Is their a shorter progressive spring available? If so, who makes it?

Is someone making a spacer or?

I have already altered the seat but it still too tall for me. Any feedback would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

You haven't given your height nor weight.

YOU should start by rechecking your sag.

Try 110mm. If not enough try dropping your forks 5mm.

You might be surprised.

Dwight

Your springs should be close. Set suspension to what I said and see what you think. You are close to my size.

5'9' 175lbs.

Cher'o,

Dwight

By the way, are your running stock springs on the front and rear? How much sag do you currently have? Did you also drop your front-end 5mm?

If so, where do you have your settings at for your weight since we're about the same weight? What type of fork oil do you recommend? How much fork oil are you running?

Any recommendations for internal engine mods? I'm thinking about adding the 351 kit and 2 into 1 header pipe.

Your thoughts?

NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT !

Dwight