hour/mileage meter?

I was worried about the same thing.My local Sears doubles as a house for the mentally ill. I walked around the store looking for the hour meter. I wanted to ask the cute girl with the short shirt, but I allready knew the answer.I got sick of looking and being assulted by the tool sales guys and went home.

I looked it up online and decided to order one.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=LAWN&pid=07124175000

It asked for my zip code and I punched it in. It displayed the various sears stores in the area. I chose my mentally ill, dim-witted, feebleminded, half-witted Jordan Landing store and typed my card number in. It accepted the number and said the item woudl be ready for pick up Saturday morning.They e mailed me a very detailed receipt with more instructions than my YZ was supplied with.

I drove to the store and walked in to the pick-up area. I swiped my credit card, the machine found me, and started a timer. Thirts seven seconds later one of the Warehouse guys/patients brought out the hour meter, said thank you, and I was on my way.

The meter works. It is extremely small. I am going to buy another one. Not because I need it, just because the product is so cool. My frame does not hold oil so I drilled two small holes and mounted it with the supplied screws.

I hope Thumpertalk can round up a bunch of these for us. I showed mine to two of my riding buddies. They both headed to Sears to buy one.

I did not pay any attention to the instructions on the back of the meter until I mounted it. I had given the back paper to my friend in hopes that the sears patient might be able to find one with the stock number on it. Somehow, I just never made the connection. I wanted to keep the wires hidden as much as possible. I wrapped the meter wire 7 or 8 wraps around the plug wire just as it exits the coil. It works just fine. There are no exposed or loose wires to be found. Everything hides under the tank.

It looks waterproof. The unit is well sealed. There are no buttons or anything like that to let water in.

Even the "wire" slips into place and never really enters the case of the unit. The instructions said the wire could be up to 8 feet long. You could mount the meter well out of harms way.

I just picked one up from sears ? but after thinking about it, does it affect the performance of the spark in any way? since there is no battery, does it weaken the spark? maybe I am completely clueless on this topic, but its just a thought.

I just picked one up from sears ? but after thinking about it, does it affect the performance of the spark in any way? since there is no battery, does it weaken the spark? maybe I am completely clueless on this topic, but its just a thought.

No it doesn't weaken the spark at all, there is a battery in the unit. The wire is just to trigger it to start counting.

When you have installed the hour meter you log every ride of yours in Dirtlogger and then you can see a ratio between racing/practice. Also you log every time you change the oil to see if you are on time with oil changes. This thing makes maintenance FUN. ?

thanks

Hakon

When you have installed the hour meter you log every ride of yours in Dirtlogger and then you can see a ratio between racing/practice. Also you log every time you change the oil to see if you are on time with oil changes. This thing makes maintenance FUN. ?

thanks

Hakon

you also log spoke tightening, tire installing, brake pad installing, suspension fluid changes, clutch cable lubing, swingarm linkage bearing greasing to name a few more. Anything needing maintenence should go on this log.