Sign in to follow this  

Ready to ride

newteangle.jpg

That is the end of the picture taking, finally. The new graphics took time to apply and the replacement plactic fit terrible. In fact, I still have not gotten the right hand side panel on yet. I have trimmed away a lot of plastic and still it won't go. I tried doing so with the bike on the stand and that side was facing the background paper with only about 6 inches to work. Now that the bike is off the stand, hopefully I can get it on without any more modifications.

Looking forward to Saturday/Sunday.

Greg

That is definitely a sweet looking bike. It is nice to see this new line of 4 stroke 250 woods bikes hit the market. Greg as you know I currently ride a smoker but when I go back to the 4 stroke it most likely will be a 250. After you get some rides on it please give us a ride report. Enjoy your new bike. :thumbsup:

Andy

Looks sweet Greg :thumbsup: I might have gone with a yellow light / plate. I'm thinking about a yellow rear fender. I was just about to buy all new plastic from my new graphics but you have me concerned.

Let me know if you ever want to hook up and ride. I'll be at Gifford tomorrow (Friday).

Nice job :devil:

Greg, please give us a full ride report! And if you hook up with Kelly, give us a comparison between the 250 and 450!! :thumbsup:

A couple more quick tidbits.

I agree the stock graphics look better, that is why I replaced them. I will always have them in their showroom condition so I can't sell them to anyone.

This morning I tried again to get the right hand side panel on and the forward bolt won't line up by about half an inch. I think maybe the IMS tank is distorting the tank shroud enough to make fitting the side panel a pain. The left hand side plastic went on okay but I did the side panel first. Tonight I'll remove the right shroud and put the side panel on first. Maybe that has been my problem. I am replacing both tank shrouds and both side panel/numberplates.

I went with the Blue Acerbis light since the stocker is blue. Too much yellow and I look too suzuki. Too much blue and I look too much like a yamaha. The blue is the bright YZ color but it matches the brighter blue of the new graphics.

The UFO plastic is supposedly identical to stock. Well the right hand side panel is visually different in the the stocker has a groove in the front part of the panel to clear the frame. Apart from that they do look nearly identical. Tonight I'll get it on one way or another.

BTW, have any of you wired your headlights yourself? Does the manual have adequate diagrams and the like?

Greg

Greg. The factory headlight and wiring should have come with the bike. The manual is a xerox copy in good english (my guess, Baja Design) the wiring loom plugs into the existing harness on the left side under the tank. Once you figure out what those grainy pictures are telling you it's 10 minutes work.

Drive your bike at night and give us a report of the Acerbis lights. I need to replace or supplement mine for a 24hr race next month.

Joe

quote: Greg M - I agree the stock graphics look better, that is why I replaced them. I will always have them in their showroom condition so I can't sell them to anyone.

I like the looks of your bike. I just love these new TEs. If you want to save the original graphics and side panels, couldn't you just by a spare set from Husqvarna and run the stock set which everyone agrees they like better? I'm running mine stock and would hope to replace them with original down the rode when I need to to refresh the bike if it gets scratched or faded. I'm assuming Husqvarna will have the plastics and graphics available several years from now. From everyone's experience, do you think they'll have the parts available?

Also, are you going to save the original fork tube guards as they are part of the 100th year anniversary plastic set as well?

ktl...

The factory graphics are a LOT of money. If they were cheaper, I would have bought them and just not worried about the plastic. Given the nightmare I went through to get this plastic on the bike, if I could have bought replacement factory plastic I probably would have. This decal kit was around $75 and I think the factory would have been twice that.

I'll leave the lower fork guards as is as I want something on the bike to say centennial. Maybe we could get a group buy for a set of original graphics? They are a pain to get on right, but I would still consider it.

Greg

The stock shroud graphics hold up well - woefully I had to pull off the centennial fork guard graphics as they where heavily scratched from woods carnage - the blue looks good though. For the bottom grey radiator plastic I cover it with high gloss black number plate backing and add some small scale "Husqvarna" decals - it looks cool and stays looking good and does not get that chalky look. GrphicMX can do the stock graphics upon request at much lower than stock costs. Some day I will get some custom shroud graphics made with the old style chrome knee area like the 70's Huskies - but meanwhile I will Ride!

MSTex

Some day I will get some custom shroud graphics made with the old style chrome knee area like the 70's Huskies

I like that idea, I want some also. :cry:

Greg, was this the UFO plastic that you had so much trouble with? www.cemoto.it has the factory plastic and I think they had the 100 rear graphics too. I trashed my 100 number plates to put on my own numbers. The factory 100's were paper thin and would not have survived long. Cemoto also has Husky jersys and riding pants. The process to pay is a hassle with them though. No credit cards. You have to wire transfer bank to bank. Welcome to 1960 America or modern day Italy

Flyred,

Yes I used the UFO stuff. I had to cut almost half an inch off of the right hand side panel to get it to fit. I also had to make the bolt holes larger as well. I am planning on attending the Husky meet in Marysville and you can take a look then if you are going to be there.

Greg

this is the way i went on my te250. Picture338.jpg I went w/ the red backgrounds because i like the 100th year ann. graphics. I love your's greg, but unfortunaly my neighbor that bought my 125 wanted those graphics instead of the fbf graphics. I love both, but i think the n-style ones look great!!! Now it's a little more scratched but it's all good :cry:

FYI, never a good idea to have your car plate on the internet.

FYI, never a good idea to have your car plate on the internet.

When did Husqvarna start making cars? :cry: :cry: :cry: