Sign in to follow this  

ZZR1200 Kawa?

Any opinions on the ZZR1200 Kawasaki for an older guy :thumbsup:

Z10R is bitchin but I fear not for me and I like to take longer rides, I wont be doing any street racing

I really like the ZZR12(except those stupid lookin stock pipes) but it has A LOT of power. It is scary fast. For longer rides I would much rather have a VFR800.

I've had a ZZR1100 for a couple of years. Rode alot of other bikes before that and this is definitely the best I've had. Really comfy if you want to tour but still has the good grunt when you want it. Mine had full yosh on when I got it though which gave it a bit more. I love it. Have had a good ride on the 1200. ust a more modern better smoother version of the 1100.

Besty

Both bikes are real good tourers with plenty of juice. FJR is really comfy seating position. Don't forget a used Hayabusa or Blackbird. I has a "bus and put 15,000 miles on it one summer. It'll easily do 500 mile days. All of these bikes EAT tires if you ride on the pipe much. I have an R1150R BMW and it is another good choice. You can get one for around $7500 used and it has real good torque for squirting out of corners. Quirky and kinda weird to some, but it is a real good value. I've done a little over 1000 miles in one day on it and it won't embarras you in the twisties either. Whatever you get, try the new Avon 45/46ST tires. I have gotten about double the mileage and plenty of grip for agressive road riding.

ZRX 1200

:cry:

Yea I think the ZRX 1200 is my next death machine......err motorcycle. Keeping the DRZ though.