Sign in to follow this  

If weather allows it ......get to gether at MXGP

lets get some TT'ers at MXGP on one of the following weekends ...I just moved here and was gonna race this sat ..but it doesnt look like it's gonna happen with the rain

Was you out at SIR aka pacific raceways like two weeks ago on a sunday? I swear I was parked next to someone with your # you got the hustler on your # plate? Maybe I was trippin, I ride MX just about every weekend except for as of late.

no i wasn't..... where's it at ? i have never heard of it ....i need to find some more tracks out here and people to race with

I'll hook you up on where to go for tracks I live only 7 miles from MXGP. 5 mins from a private membership based track and quite a few others. Where are you located? eastside? You might be interested in checking out the local arenacross scene it starts up end of next month I posted teh schedule on another post in this forum.

alright cool thanks for the AX info ..never been on a arenacross track i think it would take some getting used to ...I am used to racing in Arizona where everything is fast....I live north like around mount vernon area ...if you ever want to ride let me know >

Clint

Kewl, I live in Snohomish so not that far away really. The AX series is pretty big here, never ridden it before! Well tommorow Either going to go to Pacific Raceways (www.pacificraceways.com) a decent track pretty easy but all the way down near auburn area, or since it's been so wet lately maybe hit the indoor track in Renton. Renton Motorcycle Company (RMC) has a track next to thier shop it's okay. Used to be one in Arlington :cry: but it's closed motoplex has decided to close it. Looks like there's going to be a new track for ya guys out east in Wenatchee area soon thank billy binkley for that. Suppose to have a practice there maybe the weekend before the first AX race is held there next month. I really like to go cause it's a brand new track.

how far is pacific raceway from me? well if you find out can you let me know when that track is going to have a practice. wouldn't mind giving it a shot

it's down in Kent/Auburn area for me it's like an hour from snohomish which is like 30 mins from where you are at north of me. Tracks you must goto #1 WASHOUGAL!! (way down near vancouver practically to portland) #2 Ward Creek out towards the coast in a small town called Raymond there's a practice coming up in a few weeks one of my fav tracks. #3 OPMC (olympic pennisula motocycle club) track out in port angeles. Then pretty much the rest or okay tracks good winter time tracks are Pacific Raceways (most people know it as SIR) it has a bad rep but it's all different now (new track management) alot better than it ever has been. Toes is a good winter time track it out in central/eastern wa out near Vantage theres 4 tracks in total and even freestyle ramps! it's a good place to go and richland is good in the winter also thats Richland the town one of the tri cities thats like 4 hrs from where we are. There's a few tracks I know of threw friends I won't say where they are sorta top seceret places. Good place to meet locals who are very much involed with the sport is my friends page. www.ewmxschools.com everyone on that site is a local racer/rider. lots of them ride MXGP regularly just about every weekend I might have to introduce ya. i know lots of them are there like every weekend just about.

mxpimp are you going to be out at mxgp this weekend for the race

Nah I don't race down at mxgp never have you won't catch me much there for a few reasons. I'm sorta burned out on that track being it's on 15 mins from my house. Plus I don't care far thier layout that never changes and when a change is made it's for the pro's. My biggest complaint with that track is the peaky doubles in the middle. Last time I was there a few months ago I saw someone get an abulance ride they came up short but the jumps are so peaky they hurt ya not as in sore ankles but broken parts. I also don't like the fact there is no flaggers on pracitice days (yes people have been hit ) you make suggestions to the owners and they just act like it's no big deal and they are super special cause they are letting you ride there. sorry to rant but MXGP after 3 yrs of riding there and being a member the first year it was open. I have ridden there about a total of maybe 6 times in the past year. There's better tracks with better flowing designs that have much more fun factor.

I'd like to try out the longview track I heard its big and fast and there's more then just a track to ride there's like 50 acres or trails too and it go's down to the columbia river and like 3 tracks in total also. I just can't get anyone to go though it's a good drive down that way like 3 hrs.

A friend and I want to head down to Longview, it's just a matter of track conditions. I hear it gets really wet.

They have a sand track down there that I heard holds up good to the rain. Woodland is good for wet weather but that track is so generic it's 90% table tops, why they have so much vintage stuff there.