Tall Bars or Not

I am 6'2" in the morning

I was using the Pro-Taper CR-Low bends,and just went to the High Bends, it raised them enough for me to be very comfortable now. I know some are using the Jimmy buttons, I did not like the sweep on them so I opted for the High.

One other thing you can do as a tall rider is the Peg mod if you have not done this. It puts the peg about 3/4 down and 3/4 in back For me it made my foot fit better for my style and did not feel so cramped

What about those bar clamps that raise the hight of where the bars clamp? Are they weak? Instead of replacing the upper triple.

Also, do they make them so you can fit fatter bars?

Has anyone found bars that fit the stock upper triple and raise the height enough?? A lean 6 foot 6 inches, without the helmet!

Thanks!

What about those bar clamps that raise the hight of where the bars clamp? Are they weak? Instead of replacing the upper triple.

Also, do they make them so you can fit fatter bars?

Has anyone found bars that fit the stock upper triple and raise the height enough?? A lean 6 foot 6 inches, without the helmet!

Thanks!

Here you go! ?

http://www.protaper.com/universalbarmountkit.html

Hey Cowboy, I see you are running the Rally Pro's. I was going to do the same setup as you untill I realized I would have to buy the oversized mounts for my Rally Pro's AND figure out how to remount my Trail-Tech computer. I have since put the Fat Bars on hold. ?

IMO, don't buy the Rally Pro's. They look nice, but they bend way to easy. Plus, as you mentioned, the setup is EXPENSIVE!

Handguards- $65

Fat bar mounts- $30

Triple clamp mounts- $50 (usually $100 or so)

Total- ~$150-$200!!!

Cycra Pro Bend racer pack with triple clamp mount- $120!

Next time, I'll go with the Cycra setup. You NEED the triple clamp mounts on the Rally Pros unless you want them to bend after every crash. Plus, with the Cycra setup, you don't need to cut your clutch lever.

$85 for my Rally Pro's complete with everything needed. However I did not get the TC mount. I personally haven't had any problems but then I rarely opt to "kiss the ground" so I have never bent them. They are there strictly to keep trees from having that uncontrollable urge of planting themselves in the middle of the trail right after a corner. ?