Sign in to follow this  

Ultimate 4 storage......

well you need to keep it kool also ------i keep it dark and in a sealed drum and at or below 75 degrees------they say you can get it up to 85 to 90 degrees but i dont like to-----and you cant leave it in the bike at all----i have kept it this way for 6-8 month with no problems and you know it was 4 to 6 when i got it ------but i am still leary of it .

It doesn't have to be in a dark area of the garage or whatever have you but keep it off he ground (a pair of 2x4's will do the trick), keep it in an airtight metal container and in an area where the temps won't reach over 75 degrees F.

As kelstr said, if done properly you can store this crap "indeffinatly" ("indeffinatly" being the choice of words from the VP rep. i talked to on the phone about 4 months ago about storing a 30 gallon drum, that is still in my garage feeding my bike :thumbsup: )

Also, opposed to what most say, she (the VP rep.) also said that it can be stored in a plastic can for a day at the races and it won't hurt it.

once you pop the seal...its no longer air tight unless you have a vacuum pump to seal it...

If its new and unpopped store it as said above...once you pop the seal use it...thats why you shouldnt buy more then you plan on using over the weekend.

Big teams (in offroad racing SCORE/BITD/Etc..)usually give away the gas to people helping out the team if any is left over after the race is over since it wont be fresh for the next race...which is only about a month away.

So keeping it indefinitly...yeah if you dont open the container or you vacum seal it every time you close it.

Thanks guys. I think this can is about 8 mos. old and it has been opened but kept in a sealed steel container. I'll test it in practice before I race with it.

Also, opposed to what most say, she (the VP rep.) also said that it can be stored in a plastic can for a day at the races and it won't hurt it.

It's clear she's not a rider. :thumbsup:

It doesn't have to be in a dark area of the garage or whatever have you but keep it off he ground (a pair of 2x4's will do the trick)

Just curious...what is the thought behind this?

It doesn't have to be in a dark area of the garage or whatever have you but keep it off he ground (a pair of 2x4's will do the trick)

Just curious...what is the thought behind this?

Something about moisture building up under the can which i guess would lead to coroisian, it's not a hard thing to process so i didn't bother to disagree.

It is true that once the can in popped it's no longer air tight but the larger cans (15g's or higher) can be resealed to airtight. Granted air will have gotten in, but it won't be able to leave the can and fresh air won't be able to come in which is what the problem would be.