Sign in to follow this  

airbox cover fitment

just purchased a twin air air box cover for my 02 450 .the cover isnt deep enough to cover steel mesh and seal on the air box.what am i doing wrong ????

From your post it appears that you have the anti back fire screen kit that Honda supplied as an update.If you have a screen bolted to the air intake in your air box that you can see after the filter and cage removed you have this so called update.Most of the members here took one look at this thing and either never installed it or used it once and removed it forever. The Twin Air washing cover will not work with this,it is designed to work with the original cage.If you have an 02 I would strongly suggest that you try to find the complete air box from a 03 or04 these generally can be had on e bay,much better sealing and way less chance of dirt intrusion than with the 02 style.cheers

thanks wingman seems the update maybe the standard air box here in australia i will keep on the lookout for an 03/04 airbox. thanks again

CP,

I'm in the group Wingman described, I took one look at that thing and chucked it. Get a stock cage or the Twin Air cage and use Backfire elements.

thanks again guys i purchased the bike used from a good friend it has about 15 hours on it and the air box is as original like this thanks for all your help