Sign in to follow this  

Motard KLX400SR?? I know, old news, bear with me.

What I want to know is, Would it be worth the trouble and expense to put the 17's on my 400sr. It may be about to become a street only bike, as I am in the process of trying to sell a few toys so I can buy a new truck...If this happens I'll be down to the 400 as my only bike.

I'm not gonna race, just love the look of the black 17's. Would I be better off buying some stock sized black excels and full street tires? Somebody post some pro's/con's of the "17 mod".

Thanks...

If you don't do a whole lotta hiway riding, you'll be perfectly happy with 17's. I even run the stock rotor on the front of my bike so I can make a quick change from dirt to street. I use 15/44 gearing, and have found that the craftsman jack is a MUST have for switching between dirt and street, my friends call it my "swiss army bike" as it does everything I need to. This will soon be my only bike as soon as I sell my KTM, and I can tell you that you will be pretty happy with this choice as your only bike as long as you don't do any long trips.

just love the look of the black 17's

D00d based on that alone you should go with the 17's for sure. Build fresh ones and keep your other wheelset for the dirt. Might as well. :thumbsup:

Swiss Army Bike.... I like that. :awww::devil: