Sign in to follow this  

Anyone here use the BBAluminum case saver? How about a pic?

Anyone here use the B&B Aluminum caser saver?

drz4cs.gif

Anyone have a picture of one installed?

I have removed my front sprocket cover on my S, but kept the factory case guard. My concern is that the stator and neutral switch wiring is too exposed, and I was wondering if the B&B case saver would protect the wiring from debris and also act as a case saver in the case of chain derailment. They are in Australia, which doesn't make dealing with them any easier for a US DRZ owner.

They also make pretty heavy duty looking radiator guards, but I like my Unabikers just fine.

If I can remember I will send one.

It's on an "E".

Will need e-mail address.

I don't know how to post pics here. :awww:

Corky :thumbsup::devil:

I have one of their case guards and am happy with it. Does it work? Haven't had a chain derail to try it and hope I never do. It sure appears able to do the Job. A buddy, big KTM rider, really liked the B&B design and said nothing he has seen is as good, wishes they made one for KTM's. Dealing with B&B is as easy as a phone call. They are pleasent to work with and will mail the part(s) out to you quickly.

But how well does it protect the stator and neutral switch wires? That's why I was hoping for someone to post a picture.

You won't know how well it protects the stator until a chain breaks or de-rails.

As far as the neutral switch goes, I don't have a neutral switch.

Good luck.

Picts have been e-mailed to your e-mail address.

Corky :thumbsup::devil:

Do I really, really, really need one of these guards for my bike? How likely is it that a chain will give up and gouge chunks out of the cases? Anybody had one go and thought; "Dang, wish I'd bought one of those B&B Case Guards"?

I'm rapidly running out of money after buying hand guards, rad guards and sump guards. I still have to get CFC case guards and a front disc guard. I've also bought a head guard, eye guards, foot guards, shin guards and a back guard for me.

I'm starting to suspect that there's a healthy and growing trade in guards to protect against more and more unlikely possibilities. I'm expecting any day now to be sold a seat guard - 24 inches of solid aluminium that completely covers the seat and protects it from tears, scrapes and bony asses! :cry:

Ian

:cry: :cry: :lol:you won't really appreciate all of the guard crapola until you take a hit and find out it is all worth it. The cfc case guards should have been one of the first guards you get,,,all you have to do is drop your bike in the garage or lay it down real easy on the road and your covers are trash... :thumbsup:don't delay on that one and they are fairly cheap and easy to install

:thinking:I don't know about the bb guard but I do know what happens when a chain breaks. Saw it on a 98 Husaberg with a NEW X ring chain- he caught a rock and broke the chain, his guard was wadded up with chain and we only had to install a couple of links and two masters. I was with a guy on a XR 250 who threw the chain, wadded it around the counter shaft and broke his case. After and hour we had it JBWelded and back on the trail looking for oil. I belive in guards especially if you ride along way from the truck like we do here in Nevada.

Yep that and their bashplate and frameguards and muffler tip too. I guess you could say I like the outfit. They make great heavyduty stuff at a reasonable price. That and the TT store wasn't really up and running when I bought all of the stuff too. prairiedawg :cry: :cry: :cry:

Funny thing is, I've talked to a bunch of people about the need for CFC case guards here - Suzuki dealers and riders - and the only person I've found who's ever holed their clutch or ignition cover was my girlfriend's brother who NEVER took his DRZ off road. A car reversed into it in a car park and the gear lever holed the case. But that was with Suzuki's old gear lever that had a cast lump on it that you needed to grind off.

Maybe it's just too muddy and wet here to cause any real damage? :cry:

Ian