Sign in to follow this  

WR250F fast or slow

Ok guys got a question. My brother just bought an 03WR250f, and it feels like I am riding a TT250. It kinda feels like it only revs up to 7 grand and then hits a plateau. the pickup is weak, and wheelie power is non existant. For all you WR owners did you bikes feel like this when you got em.I know the bikes are corked up stock, but this is crazy. The bike is stock still and just pass the break in period. I told my bro to do some of the mods on the thumperfaq website and it should loosen up. What do you guys think. Will he be a little more satisfied with it if he does some of the mods, or did he make a mistake by not going with the big bore in the first place.

Do the free mods and get the bike jetted properly, then come back and tell us what you think.

Do all of the mods, it'll be a different bike. :thumbsup:

As for wheelie potential, I have an '02 wr and have only removed the baffle... I've set it vertical not to mention almost crapping my pants. :thumbsup:

When I first got my 03 wr250 I wanted to take it back to the dealer. I thought I got ripped off. The tech there told me about the free mods and they offered to do them all for 20 bucks so I let them. Took the bike out that same day and was amazed at the difference. Damn thing almost threw me off. The bike once properly setup DOES NOT DISAPPOINT at all.

Have fun with it..... :thumbsup:

I had read the faq's and thru all the posts here before getting mine, so i wasn't surprised how doggy it was bone stock. A few mod's later and WOW!!

QUIT RIDING IT..READ THE FAQ'S...DO THE FREE MODS..SADDLE BACK UP...HOLD ON :thumbsup:

Yeah, don't decide to dislike the bike yet. The free mods make a world of difference. You don't have to do the blue wire mod, but the throttle stop, grey wire, and baffle removal are mandatory.