Sign in to follow this  

Finally some $

Ok so my wife has finally given me the go ahead to do some small mods to the bike. The baby and all kept money tight for a while, but this is my b-day present. So I am finally going to do what everyone seems to do right off the bat, 3X3 and the Dyno jet kit. I have read a ton on this and am ready to give it a shot however I am pretty un-educated when it comes to carbs. I have the rejet FAQ but want to know if there are any pictures out there of how to remove the carb and what I am looking at while doing this. I am not a complete moron and can figure out anything I set my mind to but help upfront makes it go much smoother. I am ordering the Dynojet kit and the other jets that I need, main and pilot. Is there anything else that I need to do at the same time or other parts I may need. I know this topic has been beaten to death and I have read most of the posts pertaining to it butthe bike is my baby, well only second to the real one now. Any help is appreciated.

You won't regret it Greg. I just did the 3x3 mod, djkit and threw a full yosh on my bike a few weeks ago. Now, the thing has a steady diet of small anmials and children! :devil:

This link proved to be pretty handy.

http://home.comcast.net/~88cobragt/dj_carb_removed.htm

Wrestling the carb out was basically the only diffilculty I had. After a removing it a few times I got it in and out without a problem. I found backing the carb out while folding the airboot onto its self the best way to do it. Then once you have room, you can pull the carb out,

engine side first.

good luck :thumbsup:

Dave

Thanks for the link that is exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully I can get this done and put back together correctly. I am looking forward to the added benefit of this mod. Thanks again