Sign in to follow this  

Leak Jet

Getting ready to jet my x was wondering if you have to rejet the leak jet? i am not fimilar with this jet,, i have jeted my old xr400 with no probs. also where is this leak jet? and anyother advice on jetting like secrets to getting to the jets ect would be great. i live in wv about 1000ft i think and i am going to try to go with a 150 main, 45 pilot, and 4th position needle ( this is the best i can find from the other post,, plus a 55 leak if needed , thanks in advance

I was told by the moderator of the jetting forum that I didn't need to touch the leak jet. I changed needle and main only and it runs fine. I used the instructions and parts in the JD kit you can buy on this site! Good luck :thumbsup:

I replaced the leak jet on my CRF250R and it cured my bog. The lower you go in number, the longer the squirt duration of the fuel. The smaller the number leak jet in effectively plugs the leak circuit and pumps more fuel when you whack the throttle. A bigger leak jet has the opposite effect. I have a 55 in mine. Its located in the float bowl and the bowl is a bugger to remove.