Sign in to follow this  

DRZ front brake recommendations

hey all,

i'm got some Marchesini rims on order for my drz so it's time to upgrade my brakes. this is mostly for street riding (but i live in the twisties, so it's all agreessive street riding).

i think i'm going to go for the braking wave rotor, but i can't decide on the caliper. the motomaster looks pretty nice, i'm not a fan of the orange, but it looks like it will work well with the stock master.

anyway anyone have any recommendations? i want at least 4 pot, and i would consided a new master to go with it if there is a good set out there for like $700 or so.

also anyone know if you can get the motomaster without the orange?

cheers

droo

yeah, i was thinking that, but until now i thought i couldn't get the caliper since motostrano didn't list them for the DRZ. i just checked and it looks like they do make them.

it may be just me, but it doesn't seem like the motostrano gang is into DRZs very much. oh well, with the rims and the brakes that's $2k they didn't get from me.

anyone have any comments on the Braking caliper? does it play well with the stock master or can anyone recommend a better master cyclinder that won't break the bank.

cheers

droo

I had the motomaster on my DRZ. Its worked fine with the set up with the stock mast for street riding. If your going racing, get yourself a 13mm master from whoever.

I like the braking unit too, I really don't think you could go wrong with either set up. :thumbsup:

also anyone know if you can get the motomaster without the orange?

You can remove the orange anodizing very easily - I did it on my Motomaster caliper bracket. Spray some Easy-Off oven cleaner (yellow can only!) on the part, let it sit for a minute, rinse, repeat. Pretty soon you'll have a shiny silver part - works like a charm! :thumbsup:

P.S. I love my MotoMaster setup.

that's it astro.

as they say - i'm all over that sh**.

hey, btw did you use the stock master cylinder? or did you try something else. i read in the other brake thread about using a gixxer front master, sounds like a smart move, maybe a bandit or sv would be better so then you could get a mirror mount? anyone tried it?

cheers

droo

the previous owner used from R6... stoppies with one finger! :cry:

Look also from Ducati monster... they are brembo... or you can get a new golden brembo for $175 or something like that or Nissin new for $120.