Sign in to follow this  

Some Questions

Q1. Will the rear shock off a 00 or 01 rm 125/250 fit on the 03 drz 400 'S' with no problems and with any advantages or just keep the standard shock will do? I will be using the bike for 70 road/30 dirt and I am seeing if it worth the change and money.

Q2. I have been reading other posts about piston rings methods, I know the bottom oil ring ends should not overlap each other(wavey ring) but which way round should the 1st and 2nd rings go for orientation?

Is it okay for the top ring say at 12 oclock and the 2nd ring at 6oclock? Is this correct as I am putting on the higher compression piston kit.

Q3. How many miles should I break the engine in for so I know that the rings are set properly?

Thanks

Andrew

Can no-one help me with my questions??? :cry:

Burned or Bronco? Where you at

sorry,i missed this originally.

Q1. Will the rear shock off a 00 or 01 rm 125/250 fit on the 03 drz 400 'S' with no problems and with any advantages or just keep the standard shock will do? I will be using the bike for 70 road/30 dirt and I am seeing if it worth the change and money.

they fit with some slight fitting.but it will need to sprung and revalved as its from a much lighter motorcycle.

Q2. I have been reading other posts about piston rings methods, I know the bottom oil ring ends should not overlap each other(wavey ring) but which way round should the 1st and 2nd rings go for orientation?

Is it okay for the top ring say at 12 oclock and the 2nd ring at 6oclock? Is this correct as I am putting on the higher compression piston kit.

6 and 12 is fine.look at the instrucitons with the piston.

Q3. How many miles should I break the engine in for so I know that the rings are set properly?

before you switch to synthetic?

Can no-one help me with my questions??? :cry:

Burned or Bronco? Where you at

Sorry about that, I was on administrative paid leave from TT yesterday (I was working out of town yesterday :cry: )

But it looks like Burned hooked ya up now... :cry:

Yes before switching back to semi or fully syn.

100 or 200 miles?

Thanks