Sign in to follow this  

Couple of vids..me on the wife's ttr125

Worked that time. Nice indeed. :thumbsup:

I swear it looked like you were doing power wheelies on that... I don't think our TTR125 has the power to do them like that.

Were you dumping the clutch or tugging on the bars for those?

Just gassing it in second and a good tug on the bars when you are standing pulls her right up :thumbsup:

The spot where I was wheelying also has a little bump right before a ditch that you ride through that helps get it up. You don't need it though. The TTR wheelies at will in 2nd if you are standing on the pegs. Gas, shift to rear and tug, but be careful she can sometimes come up quick. I don't even try sit down wheelies on it. Standups are much easier.

Coming up quick has been my experience with wheelies on underpowered machines...

That's what I like about my 450. I can do nice, controlled wheelies on it. Anywhere and anytime. :devil:

Looking good man. :thumbsup:

I got a ride on a friend's CRF450 a couple of weeks back and man...that bike's a wheely monster. I really didn't like it because of that. I prefer a bike that I can wheely when I want to but keeps the front wheel down when I want it down. The CRF was almost impossible NOT to wheely in the first three gears. Fun as hell, but not what I am looking for. I need something a bit more woods friendly. Hows the Yammie 450? I'm thinking WR250F is probably exactly what I am looking for. On the other hand...I also rode his YZ250 and really liked it. Not the wheely monster that the CRF was but just as powerful with a hell of a top end rush.

I got a ride on a friend's CRF450 a couple of weeks back and man...that bike's a wheely monster. I really didn't like it because of that. I prefer a bike that I can wheely when I want to but keeps the front wheel down when I want it down. The CRF was almost impossible NOT to wheely in the first three gears. Fun as hell, but not what I am looking for. I need something a bit more woods friendly. Hows the Yammie 450? I'm thinking WR250F is probably exactly what I am looking for. On the other hand...I also rode his YZ250 and really liked it. Not the wheely monster that the CRF was but just as powerful with a hell of a top end rush.

I have a WR250 (heavily mod) and just got a CRF250X. I used to ride a WR426 and that thing wheelie'd like hell also. I like the WR250 (actually a 262). It has a lot of power but is much more controllable. You can wheelie if you want but it climbs great and doesn't do things you don't want to. The CRF is more of a wheelie bike than my WR250 but it might be the setup I have. I think you'd like the WR250.