Sign in to follow this  

Baja duel-sport kit

For our 8 yr. anniversary, hubby popped a Bajadesigns duel-sport kit for my 230 this morning :thumbsup:... have yet to put it on.

But was wondering if anyone had done this to their 230 before and did you like the results??

I only worry because I am in a bad habit of leaving my key on (does not matter with bare stockness, though) and I fear finding a dead bike during the times I beg, borrow, or steal some time away from the kiddies to go do some mommy hual-assing, stress relief management!!

Couple of comments. First, my other bike is dual sported and I got used to turning off the key and it didn't take too long. Second, my memory of the baja designs kit is that the switch has 4 positions, off, no headlight, headlight on, and high beam. If you are using the off and the second position, you won't have a problem. Off is your new kill switch. So, the key just prevents somebody from walking up, moving it to run and riding off.

Double check the documentation, but that's the way I remember it.

Yup, just run a seperate switch so that you can turn the lights on and off. Just remember to look at your lights when you walk off. Maybe you could throw in a car buzzer that if the lights are on, and the key is off, it'll buzz :thumbsup: