Sign in to follow this  

Benefit of the new DRZ-400-SM for all

more importantly i wonder how the speedo is altered. different speedo? or different speedo gear. if it's just the gear that would kick as for older conversions.

-droo

Oh f**k yea! Here's the one I have been looking for... :cry:

DRZ400SMblackSmall.jpg

Why are all of the cool motorcycles always on the left side of the Atlantic first? I found this pic at DRZ 400 SM

Oh my I just creamed my pants looking at that......and I don't do Super moto.......maybe I should WOW what an awesome bike

Come on suzuki get to the DR-Z450 will ya?

oh my good lord!

looks like I'm gonna have to clear another space in the garage!

I wonder what Suzuki is going to MSRP this sucka for? :cry:

If I wouldnt lose so much I would seriously consider trading in my '04 DRZ for a DRZSM.

If I wouldnt lose so much I would seriously consider trading in my '04 DRZ for a DRZSM.

No way :cry:

The new SM is an S with 17's, brakes and forks.

You can sell your '04 wheels, for darn near as much as the 17's

The forks to an older S bike owner

So ya buy brakes outright, and some used RM forks.. and you just built what you see in the pics. Add plastic of your choice,, and your there. Ya I know,, it looks like the swing arm may be a bit different.. and I would hope the rear shock is somewhat valved different then the off road modal.. But who knows.

No way :cry:

You can sell your '04 wheels, for darn near as much as the 17's

The forks to an older S bike owner

So ya buy brakes outright, and some used RM forks.. and you just built what you see in the pics. Add plastic of your choice,, and your there. Ya I know,, it looks like the swing arm may be a bit different.. and I would hope the rear shock is somewhat valved different then the off road modal.. But who knows.

i agree, when i first saw the supermoto i was pretty upset that i didnt wait a few months to get a new drz. but i like the components that i chose for my bike much better then the ones on the SM (minus the forks of course).

Plus a speedo that works, trimmed down lighting, new seat, lightweight SM engine guards, swingarm, exhaust... Darn near half the bike looks different to me.

I think that black DRZ is better looking than most. It's got a great "complete package" look, unlike most of the conversions that I've seen (definitely not all of them).

Plus a speedo that works, trimmed down lighting, new seat, lightweight SM engine guards, swingarm, exhaust... Darn near half the bike looks different to me.

trimmed down lighting?must be seeing something way different than i am?

new seat?looks like the same seat to me...

those are the engine guards all drz's come with..

the swing arm is cool and so is the exhuast.

let me recap.......its a S with a new swing arm,forks,17's,big forn rotor,rm rear rotor set up,different muffler and maybe a tailight difference (that looks like a euro S tail light).

trimmed down lighting?must be seeing something way different than i am?

new seat?looks like the same seat to me...

those are the engine guards all drz's come with..

the swing arm is cool and so is the exhuast.

let me recap.......its a S with a new swing arm,forks,17's,big forn rotor,rm rear rotor set up,different muffler and maybe a tailight difference (that looks like a euro S tail light).

I guess different than the S in my garage would be more accurate. My seat doesn't have seams like that one, so I'm thinking that they put better material on the top. Who knows... My tail light assembly is twice the size of that one. Mine doesn't have engine guards that mold around the water pump.