Sign in to follow this  

YOT setup, quest for knowledge

Well, my plan is to cram as much information into my head as possible. So....

I keep hearing about the YOT setup for carbs and jetting. I can't seem to find any information about it. What is it and where can I find out about it? It may be I have no idea what I am talking about. Is it just a kit from Yamaha of Troy?

Thanks

Shane

Yep seen that before, did the AP tuning and put in a #55 leak, but I want to know more. Does anyone know of any documentation of exactly what they are doing? I am bored at work and am trying to become very versed in carb tuning.

Didn't think that there was a YOT kit, but hell you never know. As far as the James Dean, I will be buying it when the money is available. Can I win one or something. :thumbsup: They are located about 15 minutes from me. I should put in an application.

Thanks

Shane

Does anyone know of any documentation of exactly what they are doing?

Well what I stated above is exactly what they are doing. Also, if you follow the like a provided it is an article from Tansworld MX with an interview with Todd Brown on how he sets up Brock Sellards carb. No other "documentation" that I am aware of.

Keep in mind these are factory bikes. Their setup might not work for you.

Thaks again fellas, I have read and followed that artical. Used it to help tune my AP and leak, but the artical does not go into depth on what they do about the other jetting, Main, Pilot, Needle etc.

I know that there are alot of ideas on how to tune the carb and I also know that those ideas will not work for everyone. I just like to know what everyone is doing to help me make decisions on what to try and what to stay away from. I enjoy Fing with my bike, and have had quite a bit of experience with mechanics. I rebuid cars and do all my own maintenance, but do not have alot of experience with bikes. I found the link on the online bike repair course and am reading that.

Like I said before....knowledge, cram, head!!

Thanks Again,

Shane

Knowing exactly what YoT's jets are won't really help you... as was stated above, they're running full factory bikes- cams, possibly valves, porting, compression, intake, ignition, exhaust, and fuel that are all modified pieces.

Obviously, their jetting is designed to work with these changes, most of which, I'm betting, your bike (like most anyone's) doesn't have.