problems with DJ kit

I am installing the DJ kit and had the top of the carb off replacing the needle. I thought that I had everything back together right and then I looked down on the towel I was using and saw a small rubber O ring. No its not the one off that plastic thing that goes on top of the needle. It looks new did it fall out of the package of the kit? any ideas?

I can tell these float bowel screws are a pain!!! one came loose but the other 3 are just stripping. And thats with a good snap-on screw driver. How do you get them out? and what do I replace them with?

thanks for the help. Hopefully I can finish tomarrow. I have to go to work now and this is just frustrating me.

there is a little o-ring that sits on top of the carb under the diaphram cover. you'll see the cut out for it in the cover when you take it back off. I did the same thing, and so did alot of others....your not alone. :awww:

Either that or it's from the fuel screw. ?

I can tell these float bowel screws are a pain!!! one came loose but the other 3 are just stripping. And thats with a good snap-on screw driver. How do you get them out? and what do I replace them with?

I tried to warn you about those float bowl screws. :devil:

I used an impact driver to get mine out. But I used it first so no stripped screws for me. But I replaced them with the allen scews anyway.

Fred when I took my bowl off the screws did the same thing as they did to us all! I used a small punch and positioned the carb as not to break any thing and tapped the bolts loose. It worked on every one but I had to sharpen the punch each time to get a good bite on the edge of each screw. Tight is not the word in this case. I almost cut em off with my dremmel i was so mad. The screws I replaced them with are allen head and 4m size i think and like 10 mm long. Rui or machinist told me what to get and he knew exactly what they were.Perhaps a PM to him would set you in the right direction for sure. ?

If your bike is the '04 as your sig suggest you don't have to worry about the small o-ring because on the '04 the top hole where the o-ring usually goes is not longer a hole there. Suzuki did away with the hole in '04.

I had no trouble getting my float bowl screws loose. They were tight but I applied plenty of pressure at the same time turning slowly & they snapped right loose.

If your bike is the '04 as your sig suggest you don't have to worry about the small o-ring because on the '04 the top hole where the o-ring usually goes is not longer a hole there. Suzuki did away with the hole in '04.

I had no trouble getting my float bowl screws loose. They were tight but I applied plenty of pressure at the same time turning slowly & they snapped right loose.

Thats not true , I have an 04 and mine had that little O ring. I asked the same question as to where it went . ?

It is a '04, I'm gunna take that top cover off and look anyway. It came from someplace while I wasnt looking.

there is a little o-ring that sits on top of the carb under the diaphram cover. you'll see the cut out for it in the cover when you take it back off. I did the same thing, and so did alot of others....your not alone. :devil:

Either that or it's from the fuel screw. ?

I tried to warn you about those float bowl screws.?

I used an impact driver to get mine out. But I used it first so no stripped screws for me. But I replaced them with the allen scews anyway.

I know you tried to warn me. :D These screws are gunna get a dremel treatment tomarrow :awww:

thanks everyone for the help. I'll let you know how it goes. I cant wait to check out the improvement you all are talking about by this rejet job.

Thats not true , I have an 04 and mine had that little O ring. I asked the same question as to where it went . ?

So you are suggesting that I am a liar? :devil: My bike is 3 weeks old, 800 miles bought brand new and had NO SMALL O-RING on the top of the CV vacum slide. There is no hole there so why the need for a o-ring? Yours may be different, my bikes build date is 12/03. The indention is in the carb casting so at one time yes they did have a o-ring in that location. I know every other Suzuki I've owned in the past had one there.

What ever flips your burger mine did not have one & did not need one.

You said in 04 suzuki did away with the O ring , not true , because I have an 04 and it does have one . Did I call you a liar ? Just didnt want you to post misinformation on here and screw people up . ?

yes, my 04 had the spot for the O ring. Thanks for helping me out Wolf ?

Those screws were a real bugger! I took my dremel and cut a deep grove in them, then I used a flat head screw driver and got them out. I replaced them with allen head screws. Whew, no more of that headache.

I shure had to wrestle that boot that went from the air box to the carb. Any secrets to that if I have to do that again?

I only started the bike on the stand and it ran good. Then I had to go to work again ? I'll ride it tomarrow and see if the base jetting is gonna work for this bike. I used a 140 main and a 25 pilot. fuel screw 2.5 turns out. What should I look for when I ride it to make sure its jetted right? How should I adjust the fuel screw? I opened the air box more than 3x3 is that gunna be a problem?

A bog, or a stumble is your enemy. Throttle responce and acceleration should be pretty quick, all the way to the rev limiter. When you hit the limiter it will feel like its cutting out or stumbling slightly. fuel screw adjustments are pretty easy, just turn it in small increments. I cut a small grove in the screw head and in the carrier to show orientation (like tick marks). to just change the main or pilot jets in the future you can just rotate the carb slightly and remove the float bowl.

I think that I have a ever so minor off idle bog. Its so small I can hardly tell. Can this be adjusted out with the fuel screw? I'm at 2.5 turns right now the stock one was 4 turns out.

The DJ jet kit made a HUGE improvement to throttle response and it has more power. I like it!! It even sounds a little different. Meaner. I can tell wheelies will not be a problem at all.