Sign in to follow this  

Standard `03 DRZ front brake

Mine`s crap!! Or at least i think it is. On the road from ANY pspeed I cant lcok the front wheel. Pulling the lever to the grip will not lock the wheel and 1/2 the time will not lift the rear. I feel teh break lacks power, not feel. The dealer says that as the wheel is large and teh disc small it might just be the fact that the brakes on these are not all that. What do you guys say? Can I get an upgrade? If so what should I get? New big disc conversion or caliper and lever/res conversion? or is my bike not as it should be?

Sounds like your brake has an issue. Maybe air in the lines?

You should be able to lock it up with a good pull. Especially with knobs or deathwings.

Check all the adjustments and make sure the pads are in good shape.

Front brake can save your life. Get it fixed now. :thumbsup:

Right off the bat I'd replace the front fluid with fresh DOT4 fluid, wait overnight, bleed it a little more in the morning to make sure all the tiny air bubbles are out. You also might want to consider replacing the front brake line with a braided steel line, and perhaps moving up to a set of brake pads with more grip.

Should work fine. My stock one will lock easily if I want it to, not that I want it to though!

I have the Russel braided steel brake line and it made a lot of difference. Better pads could be in order too. The stock brakes actually aren't that bad on the street.