Sign in to follow this  

TimFurryBalls

TimFurryBalls,

I received the T/A pipe today. Wow! That was fast! I appreciate the fast shipping. The pipe is just like new, as you described. I could'nt help but throw it on real quick and buzz around the yard. It felt great! It seems like it's going to do just what I was looking for. I like a more traditional 4-stroke type of power delivery and this pipe really fits the bill. I do have one question though. Did you have to seal the slip fit at all? It seemed a little loose compared to the Pro-Circuit pipe I had on my 426. It seemed fine buzzing around the yard,(I have a good size yard, I can hit 4th gear) no popping when letting off. Let me know and thanks again! :thumbsup:

Awesome! The TA's a great pipe as you see. It's a slip fit with no additonal clamps. You can try to use some high temp (very high temp!) silicone sealant at the mid pipe junction if you want a better seal, but other than that, I used it as is. I pulled two hole shots with that pipe, in two motos. Glad you like it. Just wait til you get to seat bounce some jumps with that puppy. Keep an eye on the packing, cause as you know 4 strokes like to burn it off real quick. If you knock the can and it ever sounds "tinny", time for repacking. Enjoy.

dvn, after some time on the bike, that slip fit WILL leak exhaust, my TA did it and this model I have now did it...the easy fix is to do this:

Get a GOOD clamp, like the STOCKER, yes it WILL fit if you open it up a bit and use a longer bolt. Tighten it up and away you go. Even my custom Yosh/ST model I am using the stock clamp to force the seal. You will get popping and backfiring if you leak exhaust there...

therapture,

Thanks for the tip on the clamp. Sounds like a good idea. By the way, I'm still laughing from your reply earlier regarding dirt and valve damage. Way funny! :thumbsup: