A good way to unload your bike, if its just you?

I have an 03DRZ400s. I drive a 98 dodge 1500.

Any one have a good way to unload a bike by your self?

What would make a good ramp for doing such a thing?

Another thing. What styl of ramp do you use? Do I need a ramp that will fold up and place in the cab of my truck. Our can I leave it in the back of the bed?

Thank's

Later's

Nutt

Get 2 ramps that way you can stand one ramp and the bike will be on the other ramp, you can walk the bike down yourself that way.

• Like 3

Get 2 ramps that way you can stand one ramp and the bike will be on the other ramp, you can walk the bike down yourself that way.

Same here. I just use two 2x10's. I just leve them in my bed. Nothing fancy.

• Like 1

Call me "old school" or "stupid." Take your pick. I used to ride a TTR125 and I would just ride it up a ramp I made out of some wood into the back of my Chevy 1500.

Then I bought a KLX400SR. I don't feel safe riding a bike so heavy up the ramp so I have had to use a 2nd piece to walk beside it up and down the truck.

The wood is too heavy! I wish I had the flow for aluminum!

Then it hit me...why am I putting a dual sport bike into the back of my truck? I should be riding it to where I'm going! That's the beauty of a DS! I saw a sticker once that said "If this bike is in the back of a truck, it is being stolen." That is now my motto!

If you are worried about the ramps getting stolden while you are out riding. Just park your truck on them, that's what they do up here :thumbsup:

• Like 3

push it over the side, its a dirt bike :devil:

Serious I have two ramps :thumbsup:

Usually make sure I park on a slight grade or get the tail gate as low as I can.

I have an 03DRZ400s. I drive a 98 dodge 1500.

Any one have a good way to unload a bike by your self?

What would make a good ramp for doing such a thing?

Another thing. What styl of ramp do you use? Do I need a ramp that will fold up and place in the cab of my truck. Our can I leave it in the back of the bed?

Thank's

Later's

Nutt

I made a ramp out of 1" plywood and some grip tape, just wide enough to walk next the bike while I unload. Damn thing is heavy and awkward but very stable, and I only use my pickup for taking the bike to the shop (enclosed trailer for riding trips). If you don't mind spending some cash, those foldable quad ramps are nice.

Your sig said something about finding people to ride with near Fairfield; have you checked out the Southwest forum here on ThumperTalk? lots of NorCal-ers getting together for rides on there!

If you are worried about the ramps getting stolden while you are out riding. Just park your truck on them, that's what they do up here :devil:

Man that is cool :awww:

By the way guys think's. I am off to Low's

As for riding the bike to tha trail's. I am running p21 and dont wont to chew them up. Its like an hour+ drive to get to the trails.

My next post will be....How to fix a bike that fell off the ramp :thumbsup:

Later's

Nutt

i never used a ramp until a few yrs ago. My riding partner always helped with manpower, of course it really sucked when we were done riding!

I now use the motosport wide/foldable ramp and store it in the cab. Costs too much tho. think was like $130 or around there!

I am goin to make a side platform to walk up/down with real soon :thumbsup:

I use a nice light folding aluminum ramp and step on my bike stand to get up and down. I got sick of my wooden ramps taking up so much space.

• Like 1

When i was at langston racing they unloaded my bike from the truck by just pushing it off and letting the suspension do the rest. and then he put it back on to the truck by pulling the front wheel up and then pushing the back up. i was uhhh :thumbsup:

• Like 1

When i was at langston racing they unloaded my bike from the truck by just pushing it off and letting the suspension do the rest. and then he put it back on to the truck by pulling the front wheel up and then pushing the back up. i was uhhh :thumbsup:

We used to use this method. Hard to do by yourself! I'm lucky...my usual spot has a loading dock so it's no worries!

I bought an Aluminum ramp from Lowes. I can't remember how much I paid for it but it. I got it specifically for the fold-up capability. It will denfinitely fit in your pickup. :thumbsup:

Harbor Freight - 2 steel ramps for $30. Give traction and don't tend to slide off the bed like just a 2x10.

If you are worried about the ramps getting stolden while you are out riding. Just park your truck on them, that's what they do up here :devil:

:

All it takes is a quick hydraulic jack, and poof, your nice Al ramp is vanished! I guess those Canadian thieves aren't too brilliant. :thumbsup::awww:

Standing in the bed of my truck, I back the rear wheel off the tailgate so the bike is resting on the skid plate. I jump to the ground, and give one tug to bring the bike back a little further. Than I push down the back of the bike and pull the bike off doing a backwards wheelie. This takes about 15 seconds to get the bike off.

To get it back on I, just back the truck up to a bank. There's no shortage of banks in WV.

I always load and unload my bike by myself. I have a aluminum ramp. It's a diamond plate thats bend at the top for a lit that goes on the bed. Then a piece of aluminum angle on the bottom for reinforcement. I then glued a foam pad on the bottom of the lip so it doesn't scratch thte truck.

Then I just take my lifting stand, put it next to the ramp halfway between the end of the tailgate, and the end of the ramp, a foor or 2 away from the ramp on the left side, then just run the bike up.

Easy, simple, and there's no need for two ramps. Ramp is aluminum so it will last much much longer than wood, and it's still light.

I'm pretty sure Fly Racing makes a foldable ramp though. Out of aluminum. :thumbsup:

• Like 1