WR360 1998 Carb jetting

:awww: Is this the right place to ask ? I have a 98 WR360 and am confused - the manual says 430 main, 40 pilot, 4.0 slide. Other articles I have read say 430 or less main, 35 pilot and 4.0 slide - Taking my carb apart it has a 440 main, 42.5 pilot. 3.0 slide - I am in the UK with UK weather - mostly between 0c and 20c and at low level.

Anybody got any views :devil:

I have owned two 360's and I can give you the EXACT jetting you need; at least for the US. Then again I live in Seattle, Washington which probably has similar weather to where you live.

The key is the needle. You NEED the 6AEJ164. The US bikes came with the J3 as standard equipment and the bikes ran very poorly. I ran a 430 main jet, the above mentioned needle, a 4.5 throttle slide, and a 35 pilot.

That jet needle is only available from Husky so you'll need a good Husky supplier to get it for you. With that jetting my 360's never fouled plugs and I could ride at higher elevations, say 1,500 meters without incident. The bike may have run rich, but not enough to foul a plug.

If you can't get that needle in Europe, check with www.halls-cycles.com They can probably send you one.

Greg

Have you stripped the top end down on a WR - I have just stripped mine and found a wear line down the front of the piston in line with the exhuast port bridge - The rest of the piston looks fine. I have ordered a new piston ? The price was high in the UK - ordered it from Australia along with a decomp head kit

I know its a tall order ? - but is there anyone in the US who would be willing to locate a 6AEJ164 needle for me and ideally a 4.0 slide for my TM38 carb. ? I have sent off emails to a number of US dealers and have got no reply. Dealers in the UK including the Husky Importer do not know of this needle. If these parts where located and at a good price I would obviously send US$ to cover parts and postage to the UK. ?

Thanks very much for the advice and offer of help ? - I have been dealing with R&D in Australia ? - (really good and helpfull. decomp head received but not fitted yet & new piston on its way) - they have not got that needle and only a 3.5 slide - ? but all is not lost as I have had a reply from Allens Perfomance in the UK who thinks he may be able to get the needle ? so put my request for help on hold for now - thanks again ?

? :cry: - New piston arrived safely & quickly from Australia.

Nearly got all the bits to get my WR360 back on the "offroad" - just waiting for the carb bits from a supplier in the UK. If you need any Husky parts I would strongly recommend R&D in Australia- Chris in the parts department is very very helpful - the prices are good and the postage quick ? :cry:

• 1 month later...

The 360 lives (in the UK) ?

New piston kit (from Australia) ?

New decomp head (from Australia) ?

New carb jets (Thanks Greg from the US) ? :cry:

Just started it up for the first time since top end rebuild.

Much easier to kick over now.

Just got to go through the running in procedure then away we go again

? ??