Sign in to follow this  

ever used AEROSTITCH?

Top notch gear. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. I bought their Darien jacket and pants. Excellent stuff. Good for the street, overkill for the trails.

Excellent service too. I sent in my pants to have them lengthened and they repaired some damage to the pants free of charge while they had them. Very cool. :thumbsup:

Right now i just have a First Gear suit that cost about 180, it's held up pretty well for being several years but the water is starting to enter! For $700 do you think it will last more then 5 years??? I 'd shell out the cash, but want to make sure it will hold up for years to come! :thumbsup:

Bought my Roadcrafter (two piece) 6 years ago. Have done over 130,000 miles in several countries under every single imaginable climate.

its about worn out -- looking to buy my next one. I love it!!!

I get the feeling that they are an honest, dependable company. That is cool that they took it upon themselves to do the repair. Ya gotta like that! You're right about the price, though. But, like you said, sometimes you get what you paid for.

I'm on my 2nd Roadcrafter, and I'm very happy with the suit and the company. I commute all year round on my F4 (soon to be a Buell Firebolt!), so I appreciate the weather resistant features, and all the venting that you can open in the summertime like now. I also use their courier bag to carry my stuff to and from work. Nice and big, and rides well on the shoulder.

One important tip if you are getting a Roadcrafter -- get the 2-piece. It makes it much easier to mix and match the sizes of the top and bottom to get a good fit.

Another tip -- when riding track days or racetrack classes, close the zipper that runs horizontally across the back between the shoulders. It gives nicer airflow when open, but is a liability when you crash and slide feet-first for a while. I got off in turn 5 at Laguna Seca one day doing just under a buck, and slid a long way, mostly on my back. I got up unharmed, and the bike started right up, but I was lucky that the open zipper vent in the back hadn't torn through and exposed my CoolShirt underneath. That would have hurt badly!

Later -Mike-

I have a Roadcrafter 1 piece suit....I love it, it's even good for cold off-raod riding/dual-sport. They are a great company, good customer service and great products. I recommend them :thumbsup:

I had a roommate that bought one in about 1992, Roadcrafter one piece I believe. He took a couple lower speed (30mph?) spills without getting roadrash. One was hard enough to total a CBR1000. I do remember that at the time they had some wierd shipping policies.