Sign in to follow this  

What should I buy?

I would like to get a trials bike for my wife to ride around camp and also for me to practice technical single track and hills. With this bike being for both of us it will have to have a seat. I would also like it to be used. Can you guys help with some ideas.

:thumbsup:

Jeff

If your wife will be riding it as well, TY175 Yamaha or TL125 Honda. Either is easy to get parts for and can be had for reasonable prices. I prefer the Yamaha as it has a bit more power. If it's just for you probably a Yamaha TY250. There are a few modern trials TYPE bikes with seats out there but they are seldom found used and hold their value well. Once you start riding a trials bike you really should look into riding trials. There is a level for EVERYONE and they are all great people.

They started making them in 1974, really no change through 1977.

There is a trials at Donner Ski Ranch on HW 40 this weekend (Donner summit off Interstate 80). Vintage/ beginner on Sat, Class A trials on Sun. Pleanty to see and lots of friendly people to get opinions from.

I just checked where Yorba Linda is... You probably won't be driving up for the day! :cry: