Sign in to follow this  

More Tire ?'s

Please recommend s set of tires for hard rocky terrain, loose gravel on top, very little "dirt" mostly hard pack with the occasional woods trail.

I am currently running Dunlop 756 rear & a Dunlop 739 Front, but the front knobs are looking very rounded, and the rear is chunking and rounded over too, I will turn the rear around, but need a new set for next year.

Thanks

lol, im not expecting much here but i was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for mostly sand and loam conditions...some hardpack dirt...but i have to ride through my neighborhood a lot to get to where i can ride since i dont have a truck and my rear tire (after 2 months) is looking pretty worn to me..

Please recommend s set of tires for hard rocky terrain, loose gravel on top, very little "dirt" mostly hard pack with the occasional woods trail.

I am currently running Dunlop 756 rear & a Dunlop 739 Front, but the front knobs are looking very rounded, and the rear is chunking and rounded over too, I will turn the rear around, but need a new set for next year.

Thanks

If you have a yzf (need the 19" rim) then I would recommend the Michelin Starcross MH2. It's a tire designed for medium and hardpack conditions. They hook up really well in most conditions and wear very slowly.

Get the Dunlop 742 front tire. It just plain works. Best front tire I have used on my 426. Works in just about all terains well.

For the rear, get a tire designed for hard terrain. The 756 will work there, but wear quickly. Something like a Maxis HT rear would be my suggestion. the IT works well, but wears like the 756. The 742 will not wear much at all.