Sign in to follow this  

hub question

i'm looking at buying a 2nd set of oem hubs from ronayers.com for supermoto use. i would like to be able to switch from one set of wheels to the other fairly easily. in addition to buying front and rear hubs and front and rear rotors and rims and spokes, are there any captive bearings i'd need a second set of? what about the cush drive drum? can i change cush and sprocket from one rear hub to the other? i realize this would mean i would have the same sprockets on both setups. im looking into this becaue no one i've found makes aftermarket rims for the dr650 and ive given up on finding a set of take offs since supermoto became so popular. input from someone who has tried this would be great. basically trying to get an idea of how much its gonna run me total coswise. thanks.

noah

I'm in the same boat, I've been looking for a loooongtime for hubs. I found stock hub's at bikebandit.com for $149 for the front and $250 for the rear. The bearings are pressed into the hub (lightly) and so is the left seal. They don't cost much so just buy a second set to go in the 2nd. set of wheels. EastcoastWheels.com has a sale on right now 17" Excel rims and spokes for $500, or they will lace them for you for $600. As far as the cush drive, as long as you have both hubs stock it should switch back and forth no problem. Jeff at Eastcoast said they are having some cush drive hubs made that will work on a DR650 but not sure when they will be ready. http://store.eastcoastwheels.com/riandspco.html :cry: