Sign in to follow this  

PW 80 killswitch question, need help.

Ok so I got this old PW 80 that I want to mess around with. So I take off the stock handlebars and put on my old Raptor ones to raise it. Well once everything is done I kick it over and it starts fine, then I go to hit the kill switch and it doesn't work. So I turn off the gas, and then it just starts ideling high/wierd. So after that im panicking and wondering what the heck. So Im like I will just pull the spark plug cap off the spark plug.....

:mad:OWWWWW, &%$#@! was that for. :lol:LOL, it shocked the crap out of me. Anyways it shut down, so I was happy but my right arm got the living crap shocked out of it, and now my kill switch doesn't work.

So I start pulling wires coming out of my kill switcha and I found the 2 wires that are disconnected. One is a male, and the other a female. But they both go to the kill switch. It looks something like this.

male----- \_______ Kill switch

female----/

But that is just a rough sketch for yall to get the Idea. So now I go and look for the wires to plug the male and female into. Well I can't find em'. :lol:

Anyone know a wiring diagram for a PW 80. Or better yet, can tell me what I need to do to make my own kill switch. Don't you just ground one the wires out or something. Im so confused.

:excuseme:HELP :thumbsup::awww::devil:

.........then I go to hit the kill switch and it doesn't work. So I turn off the gas, and then it just starts ideling high/wierd. So after that im panicking and wondering what the heck. So Im like I will just pull the spark plug cap off the spark plug.....

OWWWWW, &%$#@! was that for. LOL, it shocked the crap out of me. Anyways it shut down, so I was happy but my right arm got the living crap shocked out of it, and now my kill switch doesn't work.

:cry: :cry: :cry::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhh thanks very much :lol: :lol: that made my afternoon soo much better. :cry::lol::cry::p

hows it goin if i were u i would take the kill switch offf the bars and open it up and check it out there is usually some wires tucked up in thereand match the colors up

Most times, the kill switch wires from the harness are black with a white tracer, and green. Moose racing makes a universal kill switch ($15.00 or so), that will work for you. The two wires have plugs on them, all you need to do is solder corresponding ends to the wires you disconnected from the old kill switch.

hahah that happend to my friend, he was trying to shut off his scooter and he pulled the plug, he got a huge shock\numb hand for a while

HA HA HA !!! Thanks for the laugh! I have a PW80 that I can take a look at but I notice that this thread started back in 9-04! I can look my PW80 if you still help. Send me a PM.