Sign in to follow this  

Mini motocross: Sport has young riders all abuzz

The sad part is that it was probably front page news for that newspaper. :cry:

And that's bad why? :cry:

The sad part is that it was probably front page news for that newspaper. :cry:

&%$#@! is that supposed to mean :cry: :cry: Anyways wicked article, I totally relate, I've got the same lifestyle with my family. I just got back from the track with my son (5) and he LOVES riding. He's getting so damn fast :cry:

Hi Dave, I also liked the article. Nice way to present the minis! :cry:

Moreover, I do feel the fears of some of these parents toward the day these mini champs will become older and race on full size bikes. My problem is that I just can't imagine one of my child racing on a motocross track and starting them so young raises the possibilities that such a thing will happen...

Very personnally, I think riding on tracks is great, I think starting young is great, I think those mini races are cool, I think that racing in the woods is acceptable risk but I will always have problems with me or my childs racing on a track... still unable to deal the risk of serious injuries.

Then again, are risks of racing on a track really higher than racing in the woods? My feeling is that at least when you race in the woods, you have less chances to be passed over by another rider...

Then I'm left with the question: what Am I going to do when my son or daughter will ask to try (if they do)? I guess I'll probably answer their demand with a yes, and take them with me to pratice on tracks and race in the woods.

Again, very nice article. :cry:

Although there are tons of different classes that race it's for sure a "kid thing" out there. I'd bet that 50% of the riders are little guys/gals and it's great to see each and every one of them riding.

I've done only the last (2) races there (my first races ever), but the atmosphere is very fun and family based. Other times I've been to just watch, I've found myself cheering on kid(s) in any race for any position.

It's kinda cool thinking that there are (12) Friday nights during the summer that the arenacross @ Deseret Peak Complex is the center of the universe.

Anything to promote the sport is great news. I've got the problem with my 7yr old boy wanting to ride all the time. There's only two days on the weekend where my friends can go riding and my wife wanting family time so I've have to resorted to having bikes loaded and ready to go when he gets off the bus. We try to ride atleast once a week.