Sign in to follow this  

help needed KX 250F

Was just wondering if anybody has experianced a rough idle well wont idle with back firing and popping out the exhaust have a 42 pilot 180 main and on the 4th clip on the needle and 2 and a half turns on the fuel mixture screw it has been running great with those jets up until i washed it went to start it it fired and ran like crap so i went to a 45 pilot 5th clip from the top and had to turn the fuel screw out 3 and a half turns it runs pretty good now but i was wondering what could have caused it to start with if anyone has experanced the same problem thanks everyone

if it ran right before the wash, I'll venture to say something washing in thru the filter when you cleaned the bike. Might want to pull the carb and blow everything out. Also, clean/dry the sparkplug cap just to be safe.

And I suppose there's a chance you got some water in the tank, so might want to drain and run some fresh fuel too.

Mark

We had a customer with the same problem about a month ago. He washed the bike and got water in one of the electrical connections to the CDI. It caused the CDI to fry. If you have another CDI, clean all your connections and give it a try.

You definetely did something while washing it. Put the jetting and clip back to how it was before you washed it. I'm leaning toward you got some water in the fuel or some dirt in the carb. The CDI is a total possbility though.

Thanks for your help guys went for a ride on the weekend and it is way to fat down low so i will put the smaller pilot jet back in and change the needle back to forth clip and go from there will let you know how things went i also got hit by a big rock straight on the header pipe closed half of it up so have to fix that all the fun in owning a mx bike but its worth it

thanks

Brad