Sign in to follow this  

crf450 carb will it work on the drz

i got a line on a 2003 crf450 carb. would it be worth picking it up and putting it on my drz. anyone used a crf carb on there drz. i talked to a dude that uses one on his ltz400 and he said it works great. need expert opinion or advice thanks :thumbsup:

everyone must be in bed. here is the story. was told sevice honda has 03 crf carbs for $360.00. fcr. can get my cams reground by delta cams in tacoma for $40.00 bucks a piece. use 400e valve springs and 400e base gasket. thats what the 400 quad has that i talked to. works great and flat hauls in the dunes. so he says. what do you think. plus he is running 13.1 compression. weisco piston. he has a 436 or something piston they shipped him by mistake and said i could buy it cheap. dont no if its really worth anything to me right now. if i could get that crf carb to work i might order one and not even mess with the 36mm carb. i just feel the stock drz is a little weak for me right now. dont want to spend mega money but willing to spend a little for some power. need at least 3rd gear wheelies from a roll with no clutch. help :thumbsup:

Well you came to right place....

But you gotta walk before you can run.

First off you should research everything more before you dive head first into a pool with no water. :lol:

Take everything people tell you with a grain of salt.

$360 isnt anything of a special deal on a used FCR. Thats about the goin rate for a used one. The FCR however is the carb you want on your DRZ but you should aim to get an FCR39 instead of the FCR40 thats off a CRF.

If you want more power for starters...

1. Look up 3x3 mod and do it.

2. Get a Dynojet kit for your carb or just jump to an FCR39

3. Get an aftermarket exhaust (full system dont mess around with slip ons).

4. E Base gasket (Change the rings and head gasket at the same time). Make sure and do a proper break in and DO NOT touch the cylinder with a honer.

5. You can put a higher compression piston in yes.

6. Research the Big Bore more before you buy any parts for it.

As far as the cams thats kewl and all... hotcams are always an option to... But you should not bother changing the springs with E springs because that is the same springs you have already. :awww: Like I said don't always trust what people say. :devil::thumbsup:

You should only change the springs if you change the CDI box to a Yoshimura type which allows you to rev up to 11k RPMs.

Go look up http://www.drz.info and do some reading to get some idears for startin out.