O-Ring or Non??? Just Curious what you use. *DELETED*

I use HD chains not the O-ring for three main reasons.

The number one problem with the o-ring chains is it stops the gyro effect in the air on jumps and makes the bike much more awkward and harder to get the front wheel down.

We have tested them in the past on AX and SX tracks and it throws the whole air geometry of the bike off and it creates drag in the air, even after the few lap warm up, it probably depends on what level rider you are but I know for a fast rider who is proficient at jumps it isn't well suited.

Basically the bike really doesn't handle nearly as aggressively in the air but in Supermoto there is limited jumps, only the urbancross and the jump before it do you get any real air and a few other table tops but when tenths of a second matter you can never tell.

Point number two is they are about an 1/8 inch wider - Wider is an enemy with supermoto wheels. I have my share of rims with that cool looking candy cane chain groove in the side from running a regular chain much less an o-ring, so more Clearance is better.

The third and last reason is they take a lap or so to heat up so it robs HP in the most important part of the race, the start and first lap. Supposedly o-rings heat up and are the same but that is a little late when getting off the line is number one in the priority list.

As far as to sliding and effect on the rear wheel all the stuff that goes on before they are up to speed in the first couple laps including effect on suspension, I guess you would have to ask an engineer like Pete or Motardracer on any possible effect, not to mention it is a heavier part right on the rear drive mechanism. I can't think of any good reason or advantage to run one.

That's My thinking on the topic. O-ring chains are great for GNCC.

Wonder whats your take on this Derrick or Bill (SFO)? Bill (Motardracer) Pete - Lot's of engineering expertise around here. ?