Sign in to follow this  

FIRST 05 AND 250 RIDE EVER

brought my 05 home today and rode in the hills behind my house. First, is it just me or does the rear feel way low? I havent checked the sag yet, but it sure seemed like a chopper compared to what I am used to. Ive always had open bikes so this one seemed slow, but I think I can ride it faster if you know what I mean. So, to all who know, what is the best way to pick up some bottom to mid? and even if the sag checks out ok, is it normal to feel low in the back? I weigh 185 lbs in gear, thanks

Yes, this is a common feeling compared to other bikes I've had. Even after adjusting the preload, the feeling remains.

I weigh 165 and had the same issue on my first ride out on my '05. And sure enough, WAY too much sag...almost 2" static and 5" race. Dialed it in to 1" and 4" respectively and the bike is balanced great now.

Mark

thanks guys, as soon as I can get my wife out in the garage i'll check it.

just rode it with the sag correct, wow this thing rips, lot of fun, inspires confidence. Anyone thinking about one, do it!

I had Pro Action set my suspension before I even rode, my 05 is the best handling bike I've ever owned. Do not mess with any exhaust other than white brothers, they are proven on the crf250r's, and you get what you pay for, they sell the regular one(non carbon) for like 4 or 500.

2005 CRF250R

White Bros. Carbon Pro Exhaust