Sign in to follow this  

04 yz250f forks for New England rocks... How to tune? Help

I have an 04 yz250f. The forks have been revalved by Factory Connection but they are still way too stiff. Trouble is, I think their philosophy is to have the forks stiff enough to work good in the all around woods. However, I ride almost exclusively in rocks and I want the front end to work like a Buick.

I ride all day and don't bottom, and the rocks really start to bounce you around the trail especially when you get a little tired. These forks do deflect and are harsh on quick hits of every size. QUESTION: How can I get these forks to be super plush. I ride my buddy's KTM with a plush front end and it is so much faster and smoother.

I have the oil set at 155mm and the C clickers almost all the way out. I wish I could get this thing to actually be too soft, and then dial the clickers in to an acceptable setting.

WHAT DO I DO?

Thanks

Did FC re-valve it for you specifically? In there website they say that they will work with you after the re-valve and will even do another re-valve if nessesary.

They did my last forks on my 01 and these on my new bike were done for someone else, (i bought it used from another New England woods rider) but they came out the same. I called and spoke with them, but they did not evoke my confidence in their ability to dial it in. They said they tried something a few weeks back that seemed to work well. -- They probably don't do enough of these forks for the woods??

Anyway, they said they would work with me, but I am wondering if anyone knows the cure? Has anyone really had success with this suspension for the rocks?

I have the same bike and have experienced the same problem: harshness and deflection on small stuff and rocks. I had part of the mid-valving removed from the forks this past week and I'm going out for the weekend here shortly. I'll report back what difference it made.

I have the same problem . Please let us know how you made out. Anyone else with a woods YZF that has dealt with this problem ?

Difference was very slight, still quite harsh in the small stuff.

Of course I am comparing them to the forks on my wife's 250X, which are absolute magic.

RI dude '.

Being that these forks were not specifically design for you, and being they were set up for someone else, the chances that FC can give you a dial in over the phone might be slight.( alot of thing are pending) most people think that these suspension co. should get it right on the first try and if they don't they give up, that shouldn't be the case. Its your hard earned money being paid, so why not give these guy's a second chance.I think anyone here on this site that does suspension will agree.

There is so much to concider in riding, stile,ability., height,weight. What one guy like's the other might not. I think if you give them a chance and actually tell them the way you want it set up, they most likely will comply.Just remember the word compromise! there are trade off's

I would give them a second try and explain what you want and see what happens.

I see this happen way to often. There is no one setup for everyone. Heck I am usually into my bikes so much I ware the base bolts out.LOL (but thats testing)

Russ